PDA

View Full Version : DDJ-SX & Serato - corrupted files problem - please help!

DJIanScott
03-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Bought the Pioneer DDJ-SX.....well impressed with the hardware, superb controller, even the latency, mapping etc is excellent. However....Serato DJ doesn't like about 80% of my MP3/WAV files, even though my Denon players (DN-HD2500/5500) have been playing them faultlessly since 2007. Normally, towards the end of the 'corrupt' track, it will stop very briefly before resuming playback. Sounds like an old school record jump. Not cool.

I really need someone to tell me either a) there is a way to 'clean' the files so that Serato learns to love them....or b) the only solution is to completely re-burn my entire CD collection. Option b may lead to said Pioneer machine hitting an internal wall at high speed.

All your expertise/experience/comments/suicide methods are appreciated.

djpapastu
03-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Whenever I've had a corrupt track in Serato DJ I've always gone into iTunes, re-encoded the file, deleted the corrupt file both in both iTunes and Serato, then the problem is usually solved.

That said even when I've played a corrupt file in Serato, I've never actually had it skip or jump in anyway.

Stu

DJIanScott
04-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Whenever I've had a corrupt track in Serato DJ I've always gone into iTunes, re-encoded the file, deleted the corrupt file both in both iTunes and Serato, then the problem is usually solved.

Thanks Stu. I'm trying to avoid using iTunes as the default music library as my old MacBook simply hasn't got the capacity to hold all my music. I use a separate external HDD. Do you think Serato DJ works better via iTunes then?