PDA

View Full Version : New Moderator

Shaun
05-07-2013, 07:48 PM
On behalf of all the team here at the MDD, I'd like to announce that Dazzy D has accepted our offer of becoming the forums newest moderator. He brings a wealth of experience and knowledge and has proven himself to be a highly valued member here at the MDD.

We are delighted to have him as part of the moderating team. :) :beer1:

Excalibur
05-07-2013, 07:59 PM
:beer1:Welcome along, Dazzy. We're all pleased to have you here.

Oh, I nearly forgot. First of all, could you give us your debit card details, as it's customary for the new mod to buy the first round at BPM, so don't worry if you can't be there in person. :beer1: :beer1::D

DazzyD
05-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Even if I could get there this year, I probably wouldn't find it!! :zip:

Anyway, thanks for the chance to play a bigger part in the forum and, you all know me by now. I'll say things as I see them (and I'm usually right - it's written in my starsign!). I prefer the quiet word approach rather than anything heavy handed which, from what I've seen so far, seems to be the accepted method of moderation here. I've always been an advocate of free speech so, as long as members post within forum rules (which I'm sure they all do already!) then I'd say I'm expecting an easy ride!

As has been the case already throughout my time here, if any member wants to PM me about anything at all, I may not always have an answer but I will always reply! :)

Daryll
05-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Well done , a good decision by the management ........

Daryll

Corabar Entertainment
05-07-2013, 10:36 PM

DaryllAren't they always,. Daryll? :P

Daryll
05-07-2013, 10:46 PM
er.............................well of course they are..................:)

Excalibur
05-07-2013, 10:59 PM

Daryll

Aren't they always,. Daryll? :P
You let me join the team. Still think you're infallible? :whistle:

Corabar Entertainment
05-07-2013, 11:13 PM
:Tumble:

ian8limelight
05-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Congrats Dazzy D, I know that you will do an excellent job.

A good Blues Brother :p

hammy
06-07-2013, 08:02 AM
How weird I was reading some posts from Dazzy the other day and thought to myself Dazzy should be a moderator.

DazzyD
06-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Well, thanks everyone!

I've been looking around at the various new options that have appeared on the forum for me and I can see there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes to keep the forum running smoothly. Like most members here, I'd guess, I thought that everyone just largely plays by the rules and posts things that are sensible, friendly and won't get the forum owners in to trouble. However, I can now see that this is not always the case!! Quite a lot of work, discussion and decision-taking goes on behind closed doors and some big decisions have to be taken in the best interests of the forum. But decisions don't scare me. I recently decided to apply for voluntary redundancy from my day job (again!) and I should hear in a couple of weeks whether or not I've still got a job and regular income. So I'm taking a lot of big decisions right now!!

How weird I was reading some posts from Dazzy the other day and thought to myself Dazzy should be a moderator.

Funny that. I can honestly say me being a moderator here has never crossed my mind before. When I got a PM asking if I'd be interested it was a big surprise. But I've been here quite a while and the chance to get more involved was just one that shouldn't be missed. So here I am!

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Welcome Dazzy :beer1:

soundmaster mobile disco
07-07-2013, 12:17 AM
well done dazzy on becoming a mdd moderator

soundtracker
09-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Well done Dazzy!

DazzyD
09-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Again, thanks for the welcomes. :beer1:

Corabar Entertainment
09-07-2013, 09:58 PM
You done any 'modding' yet? :D

DazzyD
09-07-2013, 10:11 PM
You done any 'modding' yet? :D

I've looked at threads and new posts and they all seem to be abiding by the rules and posting in the right place. I know Musicology mentioned on his "face vs meets" poll that it wasn't meant to a multiple-choice but he hadn't changed the poll title before he posted it (even though it most certainly was a multiple choice poll!). I'd thought of changing his poll text to take out the multiple choice bit but this wouldn't have made sense then - even though his post about it not being multiple choice, when it was, didn't make sense!! So I decided to leave it!

I've noticed the "mod" module at the bottom never seems to have any threads, posts or attachments awaiting moderation. Everyone must be being really good at the moment (unless other mods have gotten their first - which I feel is probably most likely! ;) ).

Shaun
09-07-2013, 10:27 PM
We go through spells of people rocking the boat. It's been pretty quiet lately though.. Oh dear...I've just tempted fate haven't I? :whistle:

Corabar Entertainment
09-07-2013, 10:48 PM
I've looked at threads and new posts and they all seem to be abiding by the rules and posting in the right place. I know Musicology mentioned on his "face vs meets" poll that it wasn't meant to a multiple-choice but he hadn't changed the poll title before he posted it (even though it most certainly was a multiple choice poll!). I'd thought of changing his poll text to take out the multiple choice bit but this wouldn't have made sense then - even though his post about it not being multiple choice, when it was, didn't make sense!! So I decided to leave it!

I've noticed the "mod" module at the bottom never seems to have any threads, posts or attachments awaiting moderation. Everyone must be being really good at the moment (unless other mods have gotten their first - which I feel is probably most likely! ;) ).Good... glad you're checking the 'moderated posts' bit: I think that's the one that we're all guilty of being a bit sporadic about. Admittedly, there's not much in there at the moment as I think the people we dumped in the Sin Bin and given up posting, and we changed new members to only have their first post placed in moderation, rather than their first 10 posts, so that cut it down a lot.

Don't forget also that 'For Sale' threads need to me moved to the 'Sold' forum when members tell us the item is sold. When we do that, we tend to add '[SOLD]' to the thread title and also leave a re-direct for a few hours so that people know that it's bveen moved.

We go through spells of people rocking the boat. It's been pretty quiet lately though.. Oh dear...I've just tempted fate haven't I? :whistle:

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! (Brace yourselves! :D )

Totally Plucked
10-07-2013, 12:52 AM
Well done Dazzy! :)

Larry B Entertainment
24-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Congrats on your promotion :beer1:

Jiggles
25-07-2013, 05:19 PM
MORE! :O Also this is news to me xD Although I have been far to busy the past month or so. :(

Anyway welcomes and have fun. :D (Sadly mods can't ban admins ;) :p )

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-07-2013, 06:46 PM
MORE! :O Also this is news to me xD Although I have been far to busy the past month or so. :(

Anyway welcomes and have fun. :D (Sadly mods can't ban admins ;) :p )

No, but admins can ban mods...:zip:;)