PDA

View Full Version : QSC Audio RMX 2450

funkymike
27-10-2006, 09:56 AM
Hi Guys

Just got myself a QSC Audio RMX 2450 amp off ebay at great price, however theres no instruction with it, thats not a problem, but can anyone help with the dip switches what they should be be set on for a standard pa setup.

many thanks

Mike

Shaun
27-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Does this help? www.qscaudio.com/pdfs/manuals/RMX_User_Manual.pdf

funkymike
27-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Does this help? www.qscaudio.com/pdfs/manuals/RMX_User_Manual.pdf

Already seen that, but thanks anyway, its the filtering ones that seem a bit difficult to work out as it would appear the amp has been used with the channels doing a different job so the switches are all over the place. Just wanted to make sure I had them right first time.

cheers anyway

mike

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Doesn't Paul (Thames Valley) have these amps?

funkymike
27-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Think I sorted it out, have to say this amp booms, sounds far better than the numark D 4, and the neighbours hate it.

Thames Valley Discos
28-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Doesn't Paul (Thames Valley) have these amps?
i do, what seems to be the problem?:cool:

Paul James Promotions
28-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Sorry for the delay in response to this, been a bit busy last couple of days. Firstly, how is the amp running your system? Are you running just speakers on stands, or with subs?

funkymike
28-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Hi Guys

Firstly, last night I used the amp for karaoke for the 1st time, weird to explain,but I felt (compared to the numark dim 4 amp) the sound, sounded a lot fuller aand not nessercely louder but had more feed back than normal, so it might have been louder, its very hard to explain.

Secondly, I use it last night on speakers on poles, so 8 ohms either side, but I tested in the house running bass cabs as well ( which have cross overs in) and it sounded fine, no hell opf a lot more bass, so I will be using the amp both ways.

Thirdly, I set the dip switch setting to run at 50 hzs filtering

Does that all make sense?

hope so

mike

Paul James Promotions
28-10-2006, 02:56 PM
Yes, 50hz filter is what you need, especially when using just your top speakers, it will prevent small speakers trying to reproduce frequencies that they aren't capable of. With subs, I would be tempted to use the 30hz filter, but if you are happy with the sound that you get from 50hz, stick to it. Always a good idea to have the clip limiters active too.