PDA

View Full Version : Cable reel help.

alexperrins
27-10-2006, 11:14 AM
I am having problems finding a 6 gang extension socket with more than a 2metre lead. I am guessing this is because standard cable can't cope over long distances with this many appliances, but I may be wrong!. I only need to run 5 items, which hasn't seemed to cause any problems in the past so..the question is..

Am I likely to have problems attaching the 6 gang extension socket to a cable reel? :)

funkymike
27-10-2006, 11:25 AM
I am having problems finding a 6 gang extension socket with more than a 2metre lead. I am guessing this is because standard cable can't cope over long distances with this many appliances, but I may be wrong!. I only need to run 5 items, which hasn't seemed to cause any problems in the past so..the question is..

Am I likely to have problems attaching the 6 gang extension socket to a cable reel? :)

As long as you unwind it, should be fine, I had a similer problem but just put a new longer cable onto the extension socket.

Mike

LeapCreative
27-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Hi Alex,

Hate to do this, because it looks like im trying to advertise, but we do sell these. 6 Gang extensions, in 5m or 10m:

5m - £4.96
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=PL0919504

10m - £5.90
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=PL0919604

I beleive maplin's also do these, and any local hardware store should stock them or be able to order them in for you.

Cheers

Corabar Entertainment
27-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Hate to do this, because it looks like im trying to advertise, ...No problem Alex...
Advertising.
* Please do not spam or advertise. If you would like to post an advert to an external site in your own signature you are welcome to do so provided it is not likely to or deemed to cause offence to other forum members & site visitors. You cannot add a link in your signature of a site that is similiar to this.
*Signatures are to contain no more than 2 links and must not be more than 3 text lines high. You may add a 60 pixel high banner and this will count as 2 text lines.
*Threads cannot be started with advertising but you may reply with advertising if it is on topic. Eg. If someone is looking for something and you sell that particular item, you may add that in your reply.
*Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members
*You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral without the express permission of the site administrator. Such posts will be subject to removal.

LeapCreative
27-10-2006, 12:50 PM
No problem Alex...

Or Lee, whichever :D

Cheers Angela :) Just didnt want it to look like im trying to sell all the time.

Corabar Entertainment
27-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Or Lee, whichever :D :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse My excuse is that I'm not feeling too well today (and I'm sticking to it!)..... Sorry, Lee! :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse

LeapCreative
27-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Sorry to hear that Angela. Hope you feel better soon :)

Danno13
27-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Shockwave.. i tried to order a 4 way extension with 10m lead (in black of course), but unfortunatley i had a letter saying you didn't stock them anymore. Do you do any alternative product?

Hmm.. actually on second thoughts the 6 way would be better.. but its in white!! :omg:

LeapCreative
27-10-2006, 02:43 PM
For some reason, when all of the extensions were changed over to the ROHS compliant versions, we got a notice from the manufacturer that they were no longer making the black ones. Mainly because they cost more, and weren't very popular.

We do have a black extension, but only with a 2m lead unfortunatley.

Danno13
27-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Mainly because they cost more, and weren't very popular.

Grr.. i imagine most DJs wouldn't mind paying the extra though. I suppose we only make up a small section of the market though. :(

A1DL
27-10-2006, 05:35 PM

the number of appliances is academic, it's the amount of power drawn that matters.

alexperrins
29-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks for all your help, sorry I didn't reply, been extremely busy this weekend. I did buy a cable reel in the end and it worked this time at least :)

Cheers!

DJay
29-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Here is a 6 ganag 5 meter: http://www.cybermarket.co.uk/ishop/923/shopscr3310.html