PDA

View Full Version : Numark iDJ3 to American Audio VMS4.1

DJColsie
11-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi,

I am thinking of upgrading my controller as I have just upgraded my PA, but have a few questions.

At the moment I use Virtual DJ LE with the iDJ3. It has stored all my cue points, track info etc and works from my iTunes playlists. My motivation for upgrading is better sound quality and being able to use my ipad and iphone on RCA inputs on the mixer so I can still put on a show if the computer crashes.

My questions are;

1- Will all my existing cue points work with the new controller or will I have to start again?

2- I want to keep the existing controller as backup so will I have to keep 2 versions of VDJ on my laptop?

Thanks

In anticipation

Excalibur
11-09-2013, 03:23 PM
1) Absolutely no idea. I've stored a few cue points, but all by accident, not design. :daft: I'm guessing ( guessing mind ) that if your music is on an external drive, all the information is stored there, and you should be fine.

But:

2) Good news, bad news. Good news, I'm sure that one version will be all you need. Bad news, it isn't the LE version. It's the full version, and that will cost. If you've bought something which had the LE version bundled with it, that will qualifyyou for a discount on the upgrade.

There's also a free Home version, which for reasons which baffle me, has greater functionality than LE, which has been paid for. :confused: Whether that would fulfill your requirements, I know not.

comparisons herel (http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html)

Don't forget that the VMS is also a hardware mixer, and you have two other channels available for a backup playout. Good luck.

DJColsie
11-09-2013, 03:56 PM
OK, so will the software bundled with the VMS4.1 work with the iDJ3?

Excalibur
11-09-2013, 06:39 PM

Dunno, but the VMS I got came with Traktor LE, not VDJ.

djdj
12-09-2013, 06:08 AM

It will work, but your best idea is to download the Free VDJ VMS edition from the ADJ site,
Your cue points will not be saved but it will be easier for you to config the VMS.

I would reccomend you upgrade to the Full edition though!