PDA

View Full Version : Active Speaker Help Please

groovy-nights
29-10-2006, 08:39 AM
I am going to move over to a active speakers system looking at 2 mackie SRM450 and a SWA1501.
Or will the nw bose system work just aswell?
Will one sub be ok with mackies or should i get two.
mixer wise looking at a numark 500fx or Allen & Heath Xone02 or xone 32.
looking to spend abot £2500.

Also thinking about the Allen & Heath X:ONE3D mixer.Instead of the other 3.£2500 just for speakers.

Dragonfly
29-10-2006, 11:13 AM
groovy the mackie system you talk about is exactly what i use and i think its awesome i use one sub which has never really been tested most its been turned up ever is 11 o clock the sound is brilliant would highly recommend it i got my srm450s from decks.co.uk with free bags for them and the 1501 is now available at around 550 from some places.

i had a look at the bose system and it was ok but i personally prefered the mackies purely on asthetics it looks like a disco sound system ..... again just my opinion the bose looks a bit like a big brother to a home cinema system?

my advice would be mackie.

i use a numark 200fx and hate it want to change as soon as i can afford it again just personal but just think the sound could be a little better.

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-10-2006, 11:17 AM
I've heard the Bose and the system does produce a real 'hi-fi' sound - Paul Arnet has one and I'm sure he'll comment.

I have 2x450s and 2x1501s, but very rarely use both at the same time. I also have a pair of EV powered cabs and use the other sub with those sometimes.

Corabar Steve
31-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Nobody else got any comments then?

There's more than 2 of us that use actives

Murrough
31-10-2006, 08:52 PM
well i use Kam actives, but they are a bit cheaper at 589 a pair. They dont match the Mackies but they do the job. I use 4 of them to get a decent sound, two set biased towards the high ends, and two set towards the low

I would like the mackie set up, but since I also operate a bose 802 III and MB4 base amplified system, I just cant justify it at the moment

ian8limelight
31-10-2006, 09:15 PM
I use a pair of Mackie SRM 450's and they are the best investment I have ever made.

Sound quality is brilliant and find that I don't need (or haven't had to yet) use the second hand 1500 I bought recently.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-11-2006, 09:55 AM
I use a pair of Mackie SRM 450's and they are the best investment I have ever made.

Sound quality is brilliant and find that I don't need (or haven't had to yet) use the second hand 1500 I bought recently.

Try it with the sub Ian.

It makes such a big difference to the sound and it doesn't mean it's got to be overly loud.

gillo
01-11-2006, 10:23 PM
has anyone got alink where i can purchase a second hand 1501 sub they sound fantastic just what i need to finish my rig off a nice active mackie sub to add a bit of low end power:)