PDA

View Full Version : pcdj kj

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 10:02 AM
could someone please give me an idiots guide to how this works. do i just buy the plug in and job done?
Re cdg, can i just rip the songs from cd to cdg, or am i better buying the cdg discs then ripping them?
how does the dual monitor work, do i need a video card with two monitor outputs? sorry for all the queations but i have no idea.

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-10-2006, 11:46 AM
You can buy it as a stand alone program or if you already run PCDJ VRM you can add it on to that.

You can't make a CD+G from a normal CD if that's what you meant and yes you have to rip from the CD+G discs. The files that it rips will then be in two parts, the music element and the graphic element.

You will need a video card with dual monitors - and I believe most laptops have them. You can check by going to display properties and settings. If you have the facility there, it will show two monitors, one being ghosted out. Change the setting from there.

Once you've installed KJ, click on the KJ2 button and your second monitor will appear. This is a floating window, so all you do is drag it across to you other monitor, double click and it will re-size itself to full screen.

Hope this helps.

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 11:49 AM
so its extended monitor? In fx vrm, it has i cdg button, and it rips two parts, or is this something different. Is the program stable running the plugin?
Thanks

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-10-2006, 11:56 AM
so its extended monitor? In fx vrm, it has i cdg button, and it rips two parts, or is this something different. Is the program stable running the plugin?
Thanks

Yeah, sorry Paul, extended monitor is what I meant. (on the desktop and it hasn't got the facility and I couldn't remember what it was called)

The program has always been stable for me, but don't use the kamikaze button, as it always crashes for me.

Screen shot below, so you can see how it rips the files.

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 11:57 AM
kamikaze button??
Yeah, fx rips them like that, but i dont have the plugin to try them, cant seem to find a demo plugin to tr before i buy

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-10-2006, 12:01 PM
kamikaze button??
Yeah, fx rips them like that, but i dont have the plugin to try them, cant seem to find a demo plugin to tr before i buy

Kamikaze button chooses a song at random to play (supposedly)

Wht else do you need to know Paul?

You can search as you would in PCDJ and it adds the KJ player to where you might have the mixer or sampler etc.

I'm not sure they do a demo version, but it makes searching for songs a lot easier and also you can type in the person's name who is about to sing and have that displayed on the monitors.

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 12:04 PM
so would you recommend this over say a dedicated player?
can you still use the pcdj as normal if not doing karaoke, and finally(i think)
where is the best place to buy the discs.
thanks Darren

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-10-2006, 12:15 PM
so would you recommend this over say a dedicated player?

It's the same choice as using either a twin CD deck or a PC. The laptop with KJ makes it a lot easier to search for songs, you can put peoples names on the screen and also have a 'playlist' with people lined up ready to sing.

can you still use the pcdj as normal if not doing karaoke

VRM stands for virtual rack mount, so you can add things on. The buttons at the top of PCDJ that change whether you want the recorder or mixer etc - that's where you click to have KJ on the screen. It's a single player and sits just below your 2 decks. You can still play songs through PCDJ, yes, but KJ will play through the same channel as your left hand player (player one)

, and finally(i think)
where is the best place to buy the discs.

Loads of places do them. Images in Scotland are very good and you can belong to their gold card scheme and get money back too.

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 12:19 PM
many thanks, very helpfull

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-10-2006, 12:23 PM
many thanks, very helpfull

No problem.:)

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Images in Scotland .
do you have their web site?

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-10-2006, 12:43 PM
do you have their web site?

http://www.images2.co.uk/cgi-bin/Images.cgi?rm=homepage

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 12:48 PM
http://www.images2.co.uk/cgi-bin/Images.cgi?rm=homepage

ok last question,
can i get dvd collection and cdg, and vcd? or only cdg.
DVD Karaoke -
VCD Karaoke -
CDG Karaoke -

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-10-2006, 12:50 PM
ok last question,

You sure?:D

can i get dvd collection and cdg, and vcd? or only cdg.
DVD Karaoke -
VCD Karaoke -
CDG Karaoke -

I'm pretty sure that you can only rip and use CD+G with KJ.

I believe there are other systems that you can rip other formats with.

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 12:51 PM
thank you.

colinm345
29-10-2006, 01:08 PM

Spot on

You can also add downloaded MP3+G from Zoom Karaoke ,which I find to be useful:)

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 01:12 PM
so if ripping to pc, is that when i tick the cdg button?

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 01:14 PM
how many tracks do you guys carry?

colinm345
29-10-2006, 01:14 PM

I cannot see how other formats can be extracted as the DVD and VCD formats appear as one continuous data track

funkymike
29-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Only cdg works on pcdj kj, and pcdj are making a new version that will only play video and not cdg, nothing to do with making money of course.

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 01:19 PM
dont suppose they do a pack of the best of karaoke for beginners do they?

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-10-2006, 01:25 PM
how many tracks do you guys carry?

About 5000

I cannot see how other formats can be extracted as the DVD and VCD formats appear as one continuous data track

I thought you could use DivX? Not my area of expertise really!

dont suppose they do a pack of the best of karaoke for beginners do they?

There are quite a few around, if you have a search about.

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 02:08 PM
so would this be a GOOD BUY, or a GOOD BYE
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&item=270045751483&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

funkymike
29-10-2006, 02:13 PM
so would this be a GOOD BUY, or a GOOD BYE
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&item=270045751483&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Depends on what makes they are, sunfly are good but there are some old ropey stuff out there, and as theres no pictures or proper listing, I would be careful.

mike

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 02:15 PM
"(in the style of:)"
does this mean what i think?

funkymike
29-10-2006, 03:51 PM
"(in the style of:)"
does this mean what i think?

All karaoke discs are in the style of.... us there not the original song, there some discs called core karaoke, they are terrible but cheap.

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 05:40 PM
how do you know its a karaoke track if you search in pcdj?

colinm345
29-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Only cdg works on pcdj kj, and pcdj are making a new version that will only play video and not cdg, nothing to do with making money of course.

Mike you can of course import Legal MP3+G downloads into PCDJKJ

I know that to be a fact as I have done it:)

colinm345
29-10-2006, 06:46 PM
About 5000

I thought you could use DivX? Not my area of expertise really!

There are quite a few around, if you have a search about.

DivX is ok but does not rip that well from CDG ,however you need a different machine 4 that ,that can be obtained from Karaoke Uk in Manchester:)

superspindiscos
29-10-2006, 06:46 PM
one slight warning here in relation to the kamikazie button - sometimes it crashes my pcdj when i press this and everything slows down and halts up, it seems a common problem, other than that its brilliant for the nights i do karaoke id just avoid pressing this button if you can....

colinm345
29-10-2006, 06:48 PM

Beacause if it is not it will not display the graphics:)

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-10-2006, 06:55 PM
The program has always been stable for me, but don't use the kamikaze button, as it always crashes for me.

one slight warning here in relation to the kamikazie button - sometimes it crashes my pcdj when i press this and everything slows down and halts up, it seems a common problem, other than that its brilliant for the nights i do karaoke id just avoid pressing this button if you can....

Ahem!!:)

Concentrate now.

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-10-2006, 06:56 PM

Search in all tags and paths and name the CD+Gs folder karaoke and it will come up in your search results.

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Search in all tags and paths and name the CD+Gs folder karaoke and it will come up in your search results.
oh yes silly me

Thames Valley Discos
29-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Ahem!!:)

Concentrate now.
guess thats why its called "kamikazie button ":)

colinm345
30-10-2006, 08:16 AM
guess thats why its called "kamikazie button ":)

Well It works 4 me ,after a couple of presses,that is:)

stez
13-11-2006, 11:45 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I,ve got pcdj fx kj and that definitly plays mp3+g files

colinm345
14-11-2006, 08:10 AM
I,ve got pcdj fx kj and that definitly plays mp3+g files

So does mine:) :) :) :)

http://phones2000.e2save.com/

Thames Valley Discos
14-11-2006, 08:19 AM
so does mine

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Mine too funnily enough.