PDA

View Full Version : VDJ/MC6000 issues

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-10-2013, 04:01 PM
I have a new laptop and have installed the latest version of VDJ and it is running fine as far as sound/latency is concerned, but last night I noticed a few issues when using it with the MC6000.

I know a coupe of these issues have fixes as I've done them before, but it was a few years ago and I can't remember!

The one were I know there is a fix for is whenever I plug the MC6000 in, VDJ resets the volume faders in the software to 0 or the bottom and you have to put them up every time. Not difficult, but annoying.

Last night, when loading tracks in, they aren't starting at the beginning, but randomly into the track. Once they have been cued it's not a problem, but again quite annoying.

The next thing are the pitch faders - they were fine and I think I used the dreaded sync button and after that the pitch faders were being controlled together - eg: move one and they both move! Not great for mixing!

Also, lastly, the crossfader on the MC6000 is linked to the software one and I don't want it to be.

I know a lot of these problems are old and have fixes, but can't remember how to sort them.

I am about to check the firmware is up to date on the MC6000 and put homeboys mapper into the software to see if that makes any difference.

DJ Jules
06-10-2013, 07:50 PM
The one were I know there is a fix for is whenever I plug the MC6000 in, VDJ resets the volume faders in the software to 0 or the bottom and you have to put them up every time. Not difficult, but annoying.

I don't know about that one. It's default behaviour with the Mixtrack Pro as well (I have to twiddle dials and move faders until VDJ picks up on the positions each time, but once it's up and running it's fine). If there is a fix for this, I'm all ears :D

Last night, when loading tracks in, they aren't starting at the beginning, but randomly into the track. Once they have been cued it's not a problem, but again quite annoying.

Config - Options - AutoCue - Click until it's Disabled

The next thing are the pitch faders - they were fine and I think I used the dreaded sync button and after that the pitch faders were being controlled together - eg: move one and they both move! Not great for mixing!

There's a little padlock beside the pitch faders on the screen, if it's red, then the faders are linked. Click on it and it'll unlink and the faders will move independently.

Also, lastly, the crossfader on the MC6000 is linked to the software one and I don't want it to be.

I've never done this one myself, but it should be easy enough to un-map using Config - Mappers, and then look for "CROSSFADER" (and click on the little dustbin icon to delete the mapping).

Hope that helps a little?

Julian

super-hero
06-10-2013, 08:15 PM
On the mc6000 set the crossfader assign switches to "thru" then it shouldn't matter what the software is doing.

djdj
07-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Main setup

2 deck external hardware mixer configruation:

For 2 deck (Left/right) hardware audio mixing using the hardware mixing capabilities of the DN-MC6000 via the middle two channels, set the following:

■Set the switch on back of DN-MC6000 to INT MIX
■Select USB/MIDI as the source for the middle two channels.
■Press CF Mode to choose VIDEO.

IMPORTANT: Make sure that the AUDIO light is off, otherwise you will also control the internal software mixer of VirtualDJ and will not be able to headphone pre-listen from the MC6000. This is because the audio is faded out by VirtualDJ before it reaches the sound card of the MC6000 and its hardware mixer. Make sure that the software crossfader in VirtualDJ is always in the centre.

Alternatively, in VirtualDJ Pro you can disable the software audio crossfader in VirtualDJ itself by going to CONFIG -> Options and setting Crossfader to Disabled.
In VirtualDJ, go to CONFIG -> Sound Setup and set your sound settings as follows:

Inputs: Line INs
Outputs: External Mixer
Sound card: ASIO -> Denon ASIO Driver (Mac: 4-out card -> DN-MC6000)

■Click APPLY

'The next thing are the pitch faders - they were fine and I think I used the dreaded sync button and after that the pitch faders were being controlled together - eg: move one and they both move! Not great for mixing!'

On the top of the fader slider on each deck (on screen) is a little button ensure that is not lit :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Thanks guys - it's amazing how much you forget once the software is set up and configured.

Just about everything I asked, I knew the answer to.

Really appreciate the memory refresh. :beer1:

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-10-2013, 11:31 AM
All done - just need to try it with the MC6000 now.

I'll have a look for the fader fix - I know it's out there as it was fine on the other laptop.

djdj
09-10-2013, 07:37 AM
On the MC600 make sure the CF Mode is set to VIDEO.
That should disable the crossfader

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-10-2013, 04:03 PM
On the MC600 make sure the CF Mode is set to VIDEO.
That should disable the crossfader

Yep, know about that one, thanks anyway.

These are the gain/volume faders that restart at the bottom every time you boot VDJ. I know there is a fix as I did it before....just can't remember how!

MikeW
09-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Yep, know about that one, thanks anyway.

These are the gain/volume faders that restart at the bottom every time you boot VDJ. I know there is a fix as I did it before....just can't remember how!

I just thought that was the default position! I need to adjust mine each time I start. I guess I can live with it :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2013, 10:17 AM
I just thought that was the default position! I need to adjust mine each time I start. I guess I can live with it :)

There is a fix with the latest Firmware upgrade from Denon for the MC6000.

MikeW
10-10-2013, 11:13 AM
There is a fix with the latest Firmware upgrade from Denon for the MC6000.

Thanks for that :)