PDA

View Full Version : Missing Forum Header

leelive
17-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Hi
I should have mentioned this a long time ago...
I noticed that the Header logo at the top of the page has been missing for quite some time. Probably since the forum got hacked... but I am guessing.
Here is a screen shot of what I see using Google Chrome.
Lee

Shaun
17-10-2013, 02:32 PM
It's working fine from my end. It was missing for a week or so after we returned from the hack, but it was re-added. Try clearing your cache and clearing your internet settings. It's definitely there.

Cowlinn
17-10-2013, 02:57 PM
It's working fine from my end. It was missing for a week or so after we returned from the hack, but it was re-added. Try clearing your cache and clearing your internet settings. It's definitely there.

Are you sure? I can't see it myself and it's not a caching issue. Link to the image seems to be invalid, too

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16110&d=1379591412

Marc J
17-10-2013, 03:09 PM

Are you sure? I can't see it myself and it's not a caching issue. Link to the image seems to be invalid, too

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16110&d=1379591412

It's definitely not there :confused:

It doesn't seem to be a regular image link, but to a forum attachment instead. And (probably) the reason it's gone so long without being fixed is that the mods / admins have the permissions to view that attachment, and us plebs do not ;)

Shaun
17-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Logged in.

Logged out (viewing as an unregistered guest....)

Shaun
17-10-2013, 03:41 PM
I just checked via firefox and it doesn't work for me, it only seems to work with my default browser (Chrome). I'll have a word with Richie and see if he can figure out the problem.

Marc J
17-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Shaun, in the browser that's still showing it after you logout: -

Try clearing your cache and clearing your internet settings.

;)

I'd put money on it being an attachment permissions issue...

Shaun
17-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Shaun, in the browser that's still showing it after you logout: -

;)

I'd put money on it being an attachment permissions issue...

Yep, it's gone when the cache is cleared but reappears when I log back in, so it certainly seems like a permission issue. I've been through all the attachment permissions and nothing looks out of place. I've sent Richie a PM, perhaps he can get to the bottom of it.

Richie
17-10-2013, 05:26 PM

Richie
17-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Is it showing now?

Excalibur
17-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Is it showing now?

It's pretty much always been there for me ( IE God knows what number ), but the issue I have is that when I check who's online, almost everyone is "viewing attachment" I think ( only think ) that the activities of Admins show correctly, but no others.

Marc J
17-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Is it showing now?

Is what showing now???

Just kidding, yes it is :)

Daryll
17-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Showing on firefox 24.0

Daryll

surround sounds
17-10-2013, 06:44 PM
And I am in Mexico on iPad and it's showing fine :beer1:

ukpartydj
17-10-2013, 09:21 PM
And I am in Mexico on iPad and it's showing fine :beer1:

England, Unbranded Desktop - showing fine! :)

leelive
17-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Thanks for fixing.
Lee

Corabar Steve
18-10-2013, 09:38 AM
It's always been there for me with Firefox

Richie
18-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Brill, I will stand down :)

Shaun
18-10-2013, 08:07 PM
At ease soldier. :d

DazzyD
20-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Whilst it's great to see the header back, I have a different problem with the site since it was hacked (not that it's a life changing problem or anything!!).

I have shortcuts on Firefox to all my favourite sites which sit just under the URL bar (you know, next to Most Visited, etc). I've got quite a few so I took out the text description for each one and just left the site icon (are they called Favicons or something like that? Anyway...!). But, since the site was hacked, the icon changed to something dark coloured which looks like the hacker's screen that he put up. Now, first thought was I'll simply delete it and paste a new link in the bar. Did this work? No. The sinister icon still remains!!

So, what I want to is...

Anyone got any suggestions???

Excalibur
20-10-2013, 03:57 PM

Yes. IE10. :sofa:

Marc J
21-10-2013, 08:43 AM

You could try forcing a refresh on Firefox for the favicon files themselves.

Delete the favorite shortcut.
Restart Firefox
Visit both http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/favicon.ico and http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/favicon.ico directly and do a CTRL-f5 on each.
Re-add the shortcut as a favorite.

DazzyD
21-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Yes. IE10. :sofa:

Not an option! I've been settled with Firefox for years and I'd like to keep it that way!! :)

You could try forcing a refresh on Firefox for the favicon files themselves.

Delete the favorite shortcut.
Restart Firefox
Visit both http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/favicon.ico and http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/favicon.ico directly and do a CTRL-f5 on each.
Re-add the shortcut as a favorite.

I'll try that when I get home. Thanks Marc! :beer1:

DazzyD
04-01-2014, 10:35 PM
I forgot to mention that this didn't work. I still have the really strange favicon on my favourites bar shortcut. Firefox shows the correct one on my tab title but not in my favourites bar.

I've decided that it's not causing any problems and I've grown kind of used to it now so I've just left it as it is!!

Thanks for the suggestion, anyway, Marc! :)

DazzyD
10-01-2014, 07:49 AM
Just a quick update.

Firefox was running very erratically with regular crashes and "not responding" messages so I did a refresh of the software (via Help> Troubleshooting, etc) and when I restarted it the original MDD favicon is back!! Hurray!! :)