PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DDJ- WeGO anyone use this?

Spirits High
21-10-2013, 11:18 AM
I currently have an MC6000 as main playout and DJ2GO working the back up lappy.

I'm thinking of getting a DDJ-WeGo as a replacement for the DJ2GO. I'm fully aware that they are different beasts and although the WeGo is still pretty much an entry level controller it'll do plenty more than the DJ2GO. The thing that appeals about the WeGo is the proper master outs as this can go direct into the QSC K12's should the need arise.

Anyone one use one at all? Are they good, bad , indifferent?

Thanks in advance ;)

DazzyD
21-10-2013, 02:16 PM
I'll be looking at the thread as I was looking for a replacement for my dearly departed DJ2Go only last night. It seems a lot of stockists no longer have the DJ2Go anymore.

Spirits High
21-10-2013, 02:58 PM
I'll be looking at the thread as I was looking for a replacement for my dearly departed DJ2Go only last night. It seems a lot of stockists no longer have the DJ2Go anymore.

My DJ2GO is still alive just looking for something a bit more versatile without breaking the bank.

It seems there is a WeGO2 out now with connection for ipad and using DJAY app. They've added an "ergonomic" handle to it now which doubles as the ipad stand but I think it makes it look very "Fisher- Price" now.

Excalibur
21-10-2013, 03:15 PM

I know one stockist with one more DJ2GO than he really needs. :whistle: Exacvtly what caused yours to shuffle off this mortal coil?

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Why not get am MC2000/3000?

Spirits High
21-10-2013, 06:23 PM

I thought that MC2000 was only on Serato but now after a bit of further investigation it is plug n play for VDJ too. So will look at this now ;)

Excalibur
21-10-2013, 07:04 PM

Surely that's overkill? I know Paul has another MC6000 in case the main one dies, so why buy something capable of running the whole show? A DJ2GO and a good soundcard is a more than adequate provision. Also it scores high on space saving. I've got to say that I think it would look weird or cluttered with two mixers/controllers on the shelf.

Spirits High
21-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Surely that's overkill? I know Paul has another MC6000 in case the main one dies, so why buy something capable of running the whole show? A DJ2GO and a good soundcard is a more than adequate provision. Also it scores high on space saving. I've got to say that I think it would look weird or cluttered with two mixers/controllers on the shelf.

Indeed there is another MC6000. After having a further look the WeGo is considerably more compact than the MC2000 and alot smaller and less intrusive than the MC3000 would be alongside the MC6000.

The DJ2Go isn't dead (yet), I just fancied something a bit more versatile with a few more features and something that is USB powered (2000 is 3000 isn't). I will continue my quest but ultimately may end up with the DJ2go staying on and doing the job.

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Surely that's overkill? I know Paul has another MC6000 in case the main one dies, so why buy something capable of running the whole show?

Ah, I obviously didn't read that!

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Ah, I obviously didn't read that!

And I didn't read it because it wasn't mentioned!!

Spirits High
21-10-2013, 07:22 PM

It wasn't, you're right. I think Peter was cheating a bit with inside knowledge :D

Excalibur
21-10-2013, 07:30 PM

Indeed it was not mentioned. I did however remember that.............................................. ........

It wasn't, you're right. I think Peter was cheating a bit with inside knowledge :D

Paul had some sort of sound isues or something a while back, and he swapped the controllers in an effort to cure/isolate the problem.
I also remember that the spare 6000 lives under the seat in Paul's van. Not all the neurones have stopped firing just yet. ;)

MikeW
22-10-2013, 12:26 PM
I have just purchased a Numark Mixtrack Quad, really just for using at home but will also be a backup. I have used it at home a few times and for the money (approx £200) it is quite good. I have yet to test it live. The only thing that may cause a problem is that there isn't any equalization on the mic.

http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/digital-dj-c28/dj-midi-controllers-c44/numark-mixtrack-quad-4-channel-dj-controller-with-audio-i-o-p1261

DJ Jules
23-10-2013, 07:35 AM
I have just purchased a Numark Mixtrack Quad, really just for using at home but will also be a backup. I have used it at home a few times and for the money (approx £200) it is quite good. I have yet to test it live. The only thing that may cause a problem is that there isn't any equalization on the mic.

Now I didn't want to suggest the Mixtrack family as you were looking at Pioneer/Denon kit - but I've had a Mixtrack Pro for some time and despite the plastic build, it has been a rock solid piece of kit. The only major problem I've had with it is it's so light I'm never sure if it's in the case or not :D

I will say though that the lack of Eq for the Mic has been an issue which has forced me to use my MixDeck more than the MixTrack (as the MixTrack has an Aux in and Eq on all channels including the Mic). This is mainly when I've been doing walk up club work where I'm stood in a booth behind a pair of subs so I have to back off the lows on the Mic or I get some really weird LF feedback.

Julian

Spirits High
24-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Well, I've gone for the WEGO in the end.

Picked one up while I was buying some more uplighting the shop happened to have a second hand one that's about 4 months old for the bargain price of £160.

I'll let you know how wego and get on ;)

ianforest
28-10-2013, 05:39 PM
I have a WeGO...it's awesometastic...only headache for me is that as a DDJ-SX user I kind of hoped it would work with Serato DJ...but I have to use DJ Intro which is no biggie I guess. Works also with VDJ, Traktor and djay...

Also its worth mentioning though that despite being USB powered, it's Mic input is pretty good and appears to be analog as opposed to be routed through DJ software...

Spirits High
28-10-2013, 07:00 PM
It arrived today and I managed to get it set up after installing the drivers etc.

To be fair for the price it's got plenty of features and well worth the cost plus it's very easy to use. It's now the back up controller that has superseded the DJ2Go ;)

MikeW
30-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Just wanted to give you an update on the Numark Mixtrack Quad which I purchased really as a back up for my MC6000. I used the mixtrack last night for a 3 hour gig (with the mc6000 on standby!) and have to say it performed pretty well. I had concerns that as there wasn't any equalization on the mic that it may cause me a problem but it really was quite good. A bit more bass than I would have on my mic normally but totally acceptable.

The only criticism I would have was that it seemed to lack volume slightly, but all I did was turn up my K12s a couple of notches and it was fine.

So to sum it up, for me it is a really backup, and something that I would be happy using at smaller venues.