PDA

View Full Version : new controller

Daryll
12-11-2013, 07:15 PM
OK , at the moment i use a Citronic case , denon X500 , Denon 4500 and a dual SD player as back up, all very nice , but very heavy.
The case and contents are the heaviest part of the disco , so I am thinking along the lines of a denon MC6000, or the VMS 4.1.
both have all the features I will ever need , ( and some I will not ).
So i know that members here own and use both, so whats the verdict , pro`s and cons of both.

cheers

Daryll

Excalibur
12-11-2013, 09:36 PM
The case and contents are the heaviest part of the disco , so I am thinking along the lines of a denon MC6000, or the VMS 4.1.

I hear what you say Brother, my cases were among the heaviest and most unwieldy possible. Changing to a controller was the Road to Damascus moment.

VMS. Works straight out of the box, if you download the ASIO drivers then more options appear. My technical genius was able to shift things round to my wishes with no serious problems. I can't praise mine enough.It's the nest purchase I've made since the aesthetically challenged, cut price Teutonic powerbar. *

I've used the Denon as well, and I can see no compelling argument for paying the extra. It's almost possible to buy two VMS for the price of one Denon, and I fully intend to get a second one to replace my existing backup rig.

* Disclaimer. If the blasted thing explodes tomorrow in a conflagration of epic proportions, I will retract my fulsome praise, and apologise to the Denon users.

hadyn
13-11-2013, 07:05 AM
i had an evening to play with the vms 4.1 and it was quite good but didnt like the mouse pad or the finger runners apart from that it does what it says on the tin.
denon mc6000 bought one of these and it is fantastic, best bit of kit i bought and so easy to navigate around, would buy another for back up if i could afford it. perhaps one day

ckpr2
14-11-2013, 09:04 PM
I have used Numark ndx900's but now use a laptop.

Its been a big problem for me with the weight of the disco as I am getting on a bit.
So I refuse gigs upstairs now.
I guess the answer is a young and fit apprentice DJ to help with the load.

Excalibur
15-11-2013, 06:40 AM
I have used Numark ndx900's but now use a laptop.

Numarks look nice, Mike. So what controller do you use with the laptop then? Mixdeck Quad?