PDA

View Full Version : dB Technologies Sub 15 D

mobilediscowirral
14-02-2014, 12:59 AM
Hi

Looking to either get one for now maybe two to make set up look better & sub bass?

such a good price for one here:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/db_technologies_sub_15_d.htm

YES £670 wow dont be telling everyone

Just after a review of these, just cant see me buying a rcf 905 for £1000!

paulg
14-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Had a pair of these and they are absolute pants. Don't waste your money. Isn't there a new version on the market?

mobilediscowirral
14-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Is the RCF 705 Any Better then?

Just need some bottom end ! cant spends loads there's a few saying the zxa sub is okay for tight bass?

Cerwin Vega CVA 115 Subwoofer Gets okay reviews

RCF 705 Sub

ZXA-1 Sub x 2

Havnt heard any of these yet

but its mainly the weight am after keeping them light

paulg
15-02-2014, 12:35 PM
As you say, you just need some bottom end. I wouldn't get too hung up on brand names. The RCF's are good but, as a European made product, they are very pricey but they do hold a good resale value if you look after them. Yamaha, EV and others are cheaper mainly because they seem to be manufacturing in places like Indonesia which keeps costs down.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a 12" sub. A 12" speaker will always deliver "tight bass" but isn't going to deliver worthwhile bass and looking at the EV ZXA specifications, they don't. You'd get the same result by using two decent 15" tops. If a 12" sub is a must, take a look at the Yamaha DXS12. On paper it looks like the better option. Only one way to be sure though - go and listen at shop.

Megamix
15-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Looking to either get one for now maybe two to make set up look better & sub bass?

such a good price for one here:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/db_technologies_sub_15_d.htm

I bought one couple of years ago (already had Db tops) and I've been more than happy with mine.

Spirits High
15-02-2014, 01:59 PM
I've got a pair of these and I'm pretty sure Neil Deckstar has some too.

Don't find mine to be "pants" infact I replaced my old RCF 705's with these and am very pleased with them both soundwise and weight / handling.

I use them with QSCK12's

paulg
15-02-2014, 11:14 PM
I've got a pair of these and I'm pretty sure Neil Deckstar has some too.

Don't find mine to be "pants" infact I replaced my old RCF 705's with these and am very pleased with them both soundwise and weight / handling.

I use them with QSCK12's

It's all subjective. In the end, your lugholes decide. To the OP, go shopping! with the music scene in the North West, there has to be a decent PA shop somewhere near you.

Totally Plucked
17-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Db Technologies, don't they come out of the same stable as RCF. Can't comment on the subs but I have a pair of Opera Lyric 415's (Active) and these have been awesome speakers ;)

paulg
17-02-2014, 07:42 PM
dB Technologies SUB 05D - 15" active subwoofer (Cromo) - updated version of the 15D?

DeckstarDeluxe
17-04-2014, 11:33 AM
I use one with a pair of Mackies and they're nicely matched for the price and size.

atlanticdisco
18-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Hey guys

from the research i was doing i found out that the DB's (opera range) are using the same drivers as RCF so can't be that bad.