PDA

View Full Version : How should I set the dips on my Acme Dynamo Twins

DJay
31-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Hi,

I just received my Acme Dynamo twins (2 of them). Can someone tell me how to set the dip switches?

Also, when I have the CA-8 plugged into the master, it doesn't do anything apart from switch the lights on and off! Again, any tips would be apprecaited...

Finally, what is the volume knob type dial near the lense?

Nice lights, but the manual and the buld holder have been made by under 3's in play school!

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Hi,

I just received my Acme Dynamo twins (2 of them). Can someone tell me how to set the dip switches?

Also, when I have the CA-8 plugged into the master, it doesn't do anything apart from switch the lights on and off! Again, any tips would be apprecaited...

Finally, what is the volume knob type dial near the lense?

Nice lights, but the manual and the buld holder have been made by under 3's in play school!

If you're using them on their own (linked together master slave), do the following:

Master unit: first dip switch on, all others off
Slave unit (s): any other dip switches on but not the first on it's own.

Dipswitch 10 on the slave will invert the units and off will have them doing the same thing.

When you plug the CA8 in, you'll probably need some music or sound before they do anything and the rotary knob is for music sensitivity.

Did you not get a manual?

If not, I think I've got one kicking around somewhere I could send to you.

DJay
31-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Hey Darren,

Thanks for this... Let me try it now...

By manual, I got a 4 page bog roll (which is the excuse for a manual!). Not clear at all. Doesn't even tell you how to put the bulbs in!

DJay
31-10-2006, 09:09 PM
WOW! For a small budget, they are very nice! Not built too well. The bulb holder is flimsy and the mirrors are cheaply mde. But for the budget, very nice.

Now that I have dip switch 1 on the master set to ON, is there anything else I can do to see the potential of these lights (with regard to dipswitches)?

Also, I don't seem to be seeing much difference when I press the MODE or FUNCTION button on the CA-8.

Corabar Steve
31-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Doesn't even tell you how to put the bulbs in!

That would be because they are lamps :D :D

Jiggles
31-10-2006, 10:03 PM
That would be because they are lamps :D :D

I asked my physics teacher if he could stop saying bulbs and say lamps :D and he said he would put me in detention for knowing too much :D:D:D:eek:

Corabar Steve
31-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Go & do your homework :D

lightspeed
31-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Go & do your homework :D

:lol:

DMX Will
31-10-2006, 11:58 PM
I asked my physics teacher if he could stop saying bulbs and say lamps :D and he said he would put me in detention for knowing too much :D:D:D:eek:

Personally wouldn't call your average Pearl 100w Baynet cap light bulb you put in your living room a "lamp", that would be a bulb.

If you go around calling household bulbs "lamps" you need to get out more :D :D :D

Corabar Steve
01-11-2006, 12:08 AM
:lol:

DJay
01-11-2006, 07:09 AM
Now that Callum has been exiled to do his homework:

I have dip switch 1 on the master set to ON, is there anything else I can do to see the potential of these lights (with regard to dipswitches)?

Also, I don't seem to be seeing much difference when I press the MODE or FUNCTION button on the CA-8.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Now that Callum has been exiled to do his homework:

I have dip switch 1 on the master set to ON, is there anything else I can do to see the potential of these lights (with regard to dipswitches)?

You can put dipswitch 10 on, on the slave and they should invert.

I can't remember exactly what the CA-8 does with those lights - I think if you have the red led on, then the units are supposed to be on slow, and you have to change the colour/gobo by pressing function.

CRAZY K
01-11-2006, 11:49 AM
You can put dipswitch 10 on, on the slave and they should invert.

I can't remember exactly what the CA-8 does with those lights - I think if you have the red led on, then the units are supposed to be on slow, and you have to change the colour/gobo by pressing function.

Hi Djay--im setting mine up today/tomorrow for Saturdays gig.

Give me a ring to have a chat if you want---using the Controller you should be able to run through things without music playing--as far as I know

CRAZY K
01832 734788

DJay
02-11-2006, 07:13 AM
K, I have noted your number and will give you a call. Thanks. Much appreciated.