PDA

View Full Version : Flat Screen TV for front of disco rig.

Gaz
31-10-2006, 11:48 PM
I need to get a flat screen TV to fix to the front of my Disco rig.

Obviously I don't want to spend a fortune on it incase it gets broke, but I like the look of this one:

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?NOV-LCD320
http://images.novatech.co.uk/si-nov-lcd320.jpg (http://images.novatech.co.uk/ev-nov-lcd320.jpg)

I could just about manage £500 for a 32" or would I be better off with 2 19" Monitors? I've tried the 19" monitor I already have on the front, it doesn't look bad, but would definately need two.

(Oh I already have a projector, but I want something to fix to the front of the rig to make it look better).

jamesh
01-11-2006, 01:47 AM
I've just bought 2 new 19" monitors for my set-up to go on top of the speakers for gigs and karaoke...

Thought long and hard about whether to have one big screen on the rig or 2 smaller ones and then decided the 2 smaller ones would give me more options during set-up - as lets face it sometimes we never know what we are walking into to setup for the evening.....

The 2 smaller screens now means that no matter how big or how small the set-up is i can still use them - where as i'd be restricted with just one big screen.

Origionally planned to go for 21" or slightly bigger but saw an offer for a 19" Widescreen TFT for £130 delivered and i liked the look of it (as presentation in this case is just as important as the job it does) so went for that - ordered 2 and got the two delivered for free :)

Used them for the first time at fridays and saturdays gigs and had people comment at both gigs saying how good they looked - which confirmed to me i'd make the right decision really.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-11-2006, 09:26 AM
What do you use them for, for discos then James? Visuals?

jamesh
01-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah at the moment.... As well as pictures from during the night - as one of the effects in Virtual DJ is a picture slideshow... Goes down well when people see themselves on the screen... It's also a great advertising medium as i can add text over the top in any posistion advertising my website or telephone number or anything i want...

If i had a decent webcam or Video camera and video in on the gig system i could also put a live video image of the dancefloor etc on the screens as it's all built into virtual dj and you can mix from one to another to another effect...

Athough from Jan i'll be buying music DVDs and ripping them to display on the screens too.... just to add that little bit extra.

Afterall i wont need to buy anymore kit for a while as have too much already so got to spend the money on something... :)

gillo
01-11-2006, 10:21 PM
considering investing in a ouple of tft screens my self and having them on my goalpost but how would i do this?:)

jamesh
01-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Well the basicare are - you need a PC with 2 graphics cards in (whether that comes from dual graphics card or 2 seperate cards that's up to you).

Then you need a VGA splitter with 2 or more outputs

then you need the tft screens.....

Connect all together with the right wires and bobs your uncle you have your master piece created.

djbigdevs
02-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Yeah at the moment.... As well as pictures from during the night - as one of the effects in Virtual DJ is a picture slideshow... Goes down well when people see themselves on the screen... It's also a great advertising medium as i can add text over the top in any posistion advertising my website or telephone number or anything i want...

Is Virtual DJ the only programme that that allows scrolling/moving text?
Anyone know of anything else that allows messages/advertising to be displayed?

If you had a laptop & a large TV/TFT, can you have a different image displayed on the large TV/TFT to that on the laptop? E.g. could you have a game of Freecell on your Laptop whilst displaying a 'shout out' on the large TV/TFT??

Reading this (& the laptop threads) with interest - may look at getting something in the January sales.

Corabar Entertainment
02-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Have a look at Screenfly (he's also a member on this forum and came to the last meeting to give us a demo) I'll see if I can find a link for him, but you can probably find it by looking up the details of the forum member called 'Screenfly' :)

Corabar Steve
02-11-2006, 12:31 AM
www.screenfly.co.uk/ (http://www.screenfly.co.uk/):)

jamesh
02-11-2006, 01:09 AM
Is Virtual DJ the only programme that that allows scrolling/moving text?
Anyone know of anything else that allows messages/advertising to be displayed?

NO it's not to only program to allow messages etc.... there;s quite a few out there.... Depends if you looking for it to be part of a dj package or just a stand alone package...

If you had a laptop & a large TV/TFT, can you have a different image displayed on the large TV/TFT to that on the laptop? E.g. could you have a game of Freecell on your Laptop whilst displaying a 'shout out' on the large TV/TFT??

Yes depending on the laptop/computer and the softwar used.

djbigdevs
02-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks guys (& girl) that ScreenFly looks quality! Anyone got it or used it?

Corabar Steve
02-11-2006, 07:46 PM
I was present at the demo mentioned above it's pretty cool

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-11-2006, 07:53 PM
I was present at the demo mentioned above it's pretty cool

Me too and I agree.

Thanks guys (& girl) that ScreenFly looks quality! Anyone got it or used it?

I've also seen it in action in a bar and it seems to work pretty well.

DJay
03-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Folks,

Call Mons at Avco Trading - 0208 204 5550. Tell him you got the details from Jay at eXibit Entertainment. Avco supply pc parts and audio/visual goods. Their prices are very good!

Have a disco
04-11-2006, 12:43 AM
buy nothing mateexcept a v p l

stez
08-11-2006, 09:50 PM
I need to get a flat screen TV to fix to the front of my Disco rig.

Obviously I don't want to spend a fortune on it incase it gets broke, but I like the look of this one:
gaz
You want to do what i have done and stick a sheet of perspex over the screen of the tv or tft monitor as worked for me.stops the screen getting scratched in transit as well.:beer1: