PDA

View Full Version : New Laser - £200 to spend

East Anglian Discos
28-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Hi all

I'm looking to get a new laser and like the star cluster type lights.

I do have the Kam 3D cluster which I like but would prefer something a little brigher

Rob

discoworld
28-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Hello

It is interesting at the moment as it seems a few of the manufacturers are going to stop selling lasers for the time being. ADJ have already done so, I was told Chauvet have too and have recently been informed that another 2 manufacturers will do so when the stock is sold out. Is the demand for lasers dwindling.

As for your query, the Equinox Geometrix Reloaded (http://www.prebeat.co.uk/Search-Equinox-Geometrix-Reloaded-Laser-c0/equinox-geometrix-reloaded-laser-p17487.html) and Equinox Atria reloaded (http://www.prebeat.co.uk/Search-Equinox-Atria-Reloaded-Laser-c0/equinox-atria-reloaded-laser-p17502.html) are nice products within your budget - sort of cluster lasers, but with patterns too.

I think the KAM Cluster 3D is a good product and I don't think you will find a better laser that does that type of effect for under £200 - but I could be wrong.

Hope this helps

East Anglian Discos
29-03-2014, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look.

I quite like the look of the blue lasers, any recommendations?

discoworld
29-03-2014, 10:16 AM
The only Blue laser we have at the moment is the KAM iLink Blue 500 which is £139. Good seller, always out of stock - but we do have 1.

I think there are a good few Laserworld Blue lasers kicking around too under the £200 price tag. Maybe the guys at Gear4djs could help there as they seem to have a lot of them on offer at the moment.

yourdj
29-03-2014, 10:20 AM
The Lanta blue ones are good I have a very nice cluster one.
They are discontinued at the moment but i am sure there are a few about at a good price or second hand.

You could look at China - you can get some very powerful lasers for that budget.

Chris1984
29-03-2014, 03:38 PM
You could look at China - you can get some very powerful lasers for that budget.

Theres a reason for that - the laserworld lasers also use cheap Chinese diodes and no UV or infrared protection which has been discussed and disregarded here before.

I have just had a laser safety inspection on the show im doing in Germany and they now use infrared scopes to check levels of non visible light which are harmful.

This could be the reason a lot of cheap lasers are being discontinued form reputable companies as maybe they like the rest of the professional laser world are fed up with getting a bad name due to people causing damage by not using lasers correctly.

Rant over - not having a go at anyone in particular just fed up with getting un necessary grief caused by the incorrect use of lasers.

East Anglian Discos
30-03-2014, 08:35 AM
I like the look of the blue Lantra 650mw laser. Looks a nice little buy and very bright.

Pauli363
18-05-2014, 01:04 PM
I have just purchased a Laserworld ES-600B.
600mw output. Built like a tank. Its VERY bright and sharp and looks amazing with some haze. £159 at a local DJ shop.

yourdj
18-05-2014, 03:56 PM
I like the look of the blue Lantra 650mw laser. Looks a nice little buy and very bright.

You can see it momentarily in this video - i find straight up on the the ceiling works best.
It has an amazing beam angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnTQyH15APs

musicology
18-05-2014, 07:19 PM
I'm sorry but those dots make me feel ill. + Can't see the laser?

Ah looked again..more dots but blue ones on the ceiling. ok