PDA

View Full Version : Tonium Pacemaker

_Mitya_
27-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Good day. Few days ago found on web sites that there is very interesting DJ player. Start to search for more information about it and realized that i want this funny stuff. But maybe thereare many "underwater stones" about this player that i haven't knew yet? If you don't mind - tell me your opinion about this player.

yourdj
27-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Its very old technology now.
One of the first mobile players pretty must about the same time as the iPod.

I would buy one as it looks cool and would probably make a good antique in 15 years, but not for using in a live situation.
Mobiles and apps have take-over and are IMO are much better :)

_Mitya_
27-08-2014, 03:02 PM
Its very old technology now.
One of the first mobile players pretty must about the same time as the iPod.

I would buy one as it looks cool and would probably make a good antique in 15 years, but not for using in a live situation.
Mobiles and apps have take-over and are IMO are much better :)
About live situation - i'm expecting to use it in circle of friend or alone in kitchen. It is very cool WOW effect thing, isn't it?

yourdj
27-08-2014, 04:42 PM
About live situation - i'm expecting to use it in circle of friend or alone in kitchen. It is very cool WOW effect thing, isn't it?

An iPad with Djay would be more wow if you ask me, but i don't know your friends ;)
The Tonium does look cool I must say and people will not know what it is as everyone has Apple products these days??

Having said that They are not very popular in Poland so it may be the case in the Ukraine as Windows still dominates.

_Mitya_
28-08-2014, 04:20 AM
An iPad with Djay would be more wow if you ask me, but i don't know your friends ;)
The Tonium does look cool I must say and people will not know what it is as everyone has Apple products these days??

Having said that They are not very popular in Poland so it may be the case in the Ukraine as Windows still dominates.

I believe that few paople in Ukraine know about it. It will be very interesting to look at reaction of people when they will see it in action) But there is no one yo sell it in Ukraine, so i decided to ask here, on the UK DJ's forum - motherland of this device)

Dave80s
01-10-2014, 12:10 PM
I've got one of these. It is a good toy and you can pick them up quite cheaply now 2nd hand. I believe the company "Tonium" have gone bust, although there is still support for it from the original Tonium people, the guys who created the device.

It is too fiddly for live use, I keep it as a backup and I use it as a portable hard drive (I plug it into a Pioneer XDJR1).

For house parties it would be fine!

I agree this might actually become a novelty in a few years, it works like a normal personal ipod/mp3 device as well. I've had it about 3 years and it has caused me no problems.

Dave

yourdj
01-10-2014, 11:49 PM
I've got one of these. It is a good toy and you can pick them up quite cheaply now 2nd hand. I believe the company "Tonium" have gone bust, although there is still support for it from the original Tonium people, the guys who created the device.

It is too fiddly for live use, I keep it as a backup and I use it as a portable hard drive (I plug it into a Pioneer XDJR1).

For house parties it would be fine!

I agree this might actually become a novelty in a few years, it works like a normal personal ipod/mp3 device as well. I've had it about 3 years and it has caused me no problems.

Dave

A product developed just before iPhone apps started coming out, which is a shame.
Probably first built before the iPhone tbh. I was tempted when it came out, that was years back now.

Might be state of the art in Ukraine though - not seen many people with Apple products in Poland and thats in the EU. :p