PDA

View Full Version : Zoom led mood bar help

Have a disco
06-11-2006, 02:48 PM
OK got mine today with basic guide to usage but would like to know more about getting a good show from my bars with out DMX control (which seems to be next purchase needed) any particular numbers best from 1 - 599??? or is there a random programme number

LED Lightboxes will have to wait till they have upgraded pattern usage

groovy-nights
06-11-2006, 03:01 PM
1-599 is the dmx addressing.Best just leave them in sound2light and run master slave.Til u get a good dmx desk

Have a disco
06-11-2006, 03:06 PM
how does one do that then before I press the wrong buttons LOL and any reccommendations for dmx controller max I intend to have is 6 dmx controlled lights and 2 mood bars are the starter for me

groovy-nights
06-11-2006, 03:14 PM
the moodbar are set to sound2light when you get them.in the menu look for lse one of the moodbars needs to have it set to ON which is te slave other must be OFF master.
Depends if you are going to run the bars in 4 or 20 channel mode in dmx.Have a look at zero 88 or a pc based prorgram

Have a disco
06-11-2006, 03:59 PM
the moodbar are set to sound2light when you get them.in the menu look for lse one of the moodbars needs to have it set to ON which is te slave other must be OFF master.
Depends if you are going to run the bars in 4 or 20 channel mode in dmx.Have a look at zero 88 or a pc based prorgram

how does one revert to the s2L situation then as have done basic commands as told by supplier for mobile usage

IE

press blackout button for 2 0r 3 secs
cha will then display number
press blackout again short press only display will say TOP this must say off to do this press back button (done
press blackout x 2 to DBL should show off
ditto LSG should display 1
ditto LSE should be on slave= on master=off (done for both)
ditto SLO should be off
ditto SOU should be on (sound on)
ditto SS should be off
ditto GRH /GKN according to offical manual set to off (special display 1 ?)
ditto BAR / BAK according to manual set to off (special display 2??)
then hold blackout for 3 secs and thats that

but it dont seem to work Sound 2 light very well even very close to speakers??? any way of back to beginning as out of box

Alex - Cream Ents
06-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Normally with DMX if there is no setting for S2L listed just setting all of the Dip switches to OFF will put it in to S2L mode.

Hope this helps.

soundtracker
06-11-2006, 08:27 PM
you need to put the master on "SL4" and the slave "0n"

Have a disco
06-11-2006, 10:33 PM
thanks mate will try this tomorrow will let you know just remind me how to get to SL4 just in case Im completly thick sorry 1st time with DMX type stuff

still also looking for idiot proof popular controller and reccommendations ??

Thames Valley Discos
06-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Make sure you link them together, then program two, looks awsome running in tandom.

Have a disco
07-11-2006, 09:13 PM
lost me completely Programme 2??? and dip switches??? Now Im looking thicker than thick what ever happened to simplicity LOL

Thames Valley Discos
07-11-2006, 09:17 PM
oh, without pulling them out, i think its LSG or
LSE set to two. i do it on mine without thinking so i,d need to pull them out to see for sure. basically in that program you get all one colour followed by another, kind of looks like your filling a tube with colour. think thats what i mean. just play with them, get it how you like

Have a disco
07-11-2006, 09:22 PM
thanks the idiots guide given is hardly coherrant nor diversive

Thames Valley Discos
07-11-2006, 09:24 PM
just make sure you link them then put one as master one as slave, then play with all the other settings untill you like what you see.

Have a disco
07-11-2006, 09:30 PM
just make sure you link them then put one as master one as slave, then play with all the other settings untill you like what you see.

having to dig out disco speakers to check the sound to light to see if it works properly as well something to do with different wave band of speakers used even though they were at full wack was not enuff bass so got two things to sort and check this is getting annoying now but I will be ready by saturday on there first on they're road test

Thames Valley Discos
07-11-2006, 09:39 PM
just tap side of light, that should be enough to see what they are doing

Have a disco
12-11-2006, 06:04 PM
:lol: OK guys got the l;ights working without DMX to how I want too and gained a booking hopefully on the first night for next year all I can say is roll on dmx lightboxes next generation

The lights made good ole light boxes look sad even with 32 channel controller? but also made my show look modern and retro in the same essence. I cant wait to DMX them eventually but as ever one must get profit out of tools to gain a more pro show!! even though most customers did nothing but praise me about my set up and the night in general