PDA

View Full Version : What we actually need for Karaoke....

DK Karaoke
09-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Call me old fashioned but...:bang:

Methinks the new generation of machines are Jacks of all trades with far too much built in They have a whole load of features which frankly are no use to the pro karaoke presenter.... namely 5.1 surround sound 2.1 surround sound and loads of video options when plain old AV is all that's really needed

...and before you can use it you have to go through boatloads of onscreen options ( available only via the remote ) to set the sound, equalisers, dynamics etc.:eek: to get it set up for normal usage.

....And while I am not such a Phillistine as to decry progress and the inclusion of new formats, mainly DVD, I think these are aimed at the amateur/home user market.

Is it too much to ask that a machine is made which has just good quality stereo sound ( without any faffing ) and AV video output but includes DVD ?????:please:

Am I an old git or am I right

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Call me old fashioned but...:bang:

Methinks the new generation of machines are Jacks of all trades with far too much built in They have a whole load of features which frankly are no use to the pro karaoke presenter.... namely 5.1 surround sound 2.1 surround sound and loads of video options when plain old AV is all that's really needed

...and before you can use it you have to go through boatloads of onscreen options ( available only via the remote ) to set the sound, equalisers, dynamics etc.:eek: to get it set up for normal usage.

....And while I am not such a Phillistine as to decry progress and the inclusion of new formats, mainly DVD, I think these are aimed at the amateur/home user market.

Is it too much to ask that a machine is made which has just good quality stereo sound ( without any faffing ) and AV video output but includes DVD ?????:please:

Am I an old git or am I right

Both!:D

DK Karaoke
10-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Cheers.

Cant wait to become a senior member, to match my age:)

Corabar Entertainment
10-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Well, you've made it! :D

DK Karaoke
10-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Yep.

Seeing as I am now a senior member, along with my age, must take my walking frame, and try to get up to bed. lol

Trouble is it takes too long to take off my false leg, and teeth of course, oh, and the hearing aids.

:Laugh: :Sleeping: