PDA

View Full Version : YAHOO EMAIL JUST BEEN HACKED

CRAZY K
12-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Nice leisurely evening in and about to sign in to the Forum, suddenly Yahoo E Mail Account starts getting Mail Failures raining into the Inbox like Confetti ---yikes:daft:

Yes someone is doing nasty things.

Before I can change password---text from Yahoo-change your password.:D:D:D

Thats stopped it as long as this isnt an even bigger SCAM :daft::rolleyes:

Makes you wonder how they do it.

Good job I was in and acted quickly otherwise I could have had a shed load of unwanted emails in my Inbox.

Marc J
14-12-2015, 09:06 AM
I don't know if Yahoo offer it, but enable 2 factor authentication if they do.

Otherwise, use GMail, and enable 2 factor authentication.

On a side note, if there was ever any sensitive information in your Yahoo email (e.g. passwords for other services, like your web hosting for example) and these haven't been changed, you should change them ASAP. Whoever hacked your email may have only done it to send spam, but they also have (had) access to any email there...and all the info within.

CRAZY K
14-12-2015, 09:49 AM
I don't know if Yahoo offer it, but enable 2 factor authentication if they do.

Otherwise, use GMail, and enable 2 factor authentication.

On a side note, if there was ever any sensitive information in your Yahoo email (e.g. passwords for other services, like your web hosting for example) and these haven't been changed, you should change them ASAP. Whoever hacked your email may have only done it to send spam, but they also have (had) access to any email there...and all the info within.

Thanks Marc, all your website passwords are there including ANDYS.

That's CRAZY K plus all Andys Rodeo Bull ones.:daft:

Just what I needed when I'm trying to relax for XMAS.

Years ago I left gmail cos we got hacked :muppet:

Speak later, thanks

ALAN
CRAZY K

Marc J
14-12-2015, 10:25 AM
Thanks Marc, all your website passwords are there including ANDYS

Change them all ASAP. Let me know if you need any help.

It's always good practice to change passwords for anything that's emailed to you, by anyone. Email is generally insecure, especially if using Yahoo / Hotmail / Gmail etc.

Years ago I left gmail cos we got hacked :muppet:

Getting hacked is no reason to leave GMail. They weren't hacked - your account was. So it must have had a weak password, or you'd accessed it insecurely (from public WiFi, or internet café etc.).

CRAZY K
14-12-2015, 10:42 AM
Change them all ASAP. Let me know if you need any help.

It's always good practice to change passwords for anything that's emailed to you, by anyone. Email is generally insecure, especially if using Yahoo / Hotmail / Gmail etc.

Getting hacked is no reason to leave GMail. They weren't hacked - your account was. So it must have had a weak password, or you'd accessed it insecurely (from public WiFi, or internet café etc.).

Maybe, but I was underwhelmed by the fact that I could not access my own g mail account ( as in hello who are you ? )

Couldn't even get past the personal security questions. WTF :daft:

Sooooo abandoned it, only to find a few years later suddenly by a miracle I can access it again because a friend with a different g mail account got on my laptop at XMAS to look at his emails and accidentally got into my account instead of his own:daft::daft:---presumably the laptop had retained the password.:daft:

Something not right.

Cheers

ALAN