PDA

View Full Version : Equinox RGB Power Batten

Shakermaker Promotions
14-12-2015, 08:09 AM
Last week I purchased a couple of Swarm 4 FX lights and I have to say I am happy with them. They have quite a large spread and when linked master / slave they look pretty good. Anyway, this thread isn't about them.....Whilst in the shop (Total Sounds in Reading), I was shown the Equinox RGB Power Batten. I have to say that I was impressed with them. They have a number of auto settings which are pretty cool but most of all they are very powerful.
My main reason for buying 2 at the time was for uplighting. I purchased another 2 the following day because at £59.00 each I think they are great value for money.

All 4 of them fit in a speaker stand bag too. I haven't tried it as yet and probably won't but for those that put them on their DJ stand uprights, I can imagine them providing a decent show when set to one of the auto settings when linked together. I gave Daryll a demo at the weekend and he looked impressed by them too.

With reference to the uplighting side of things, the venue I was in....usually on one of the walls I would set up 3 uplighters. I only used one of these and it produced the same if not better effect.

Worth a look I think if you are looking at some new bits and bobs...

https://www.djkit.com/equinox/equinox-rgb-power-batten.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiA7rmzBRDezri2r6bz1qYBEiQA g-YEtpOyYaj8j73p7iKl1zKg_xlcVY3BQAELnKpPJfiE1EQaAiSK 8P8HAQ

Excalibur
15-12-2015, 07:57 PM
I have some on order. When I saw them at first, I had no idea what to use them for, but I wasn't going to miss them at that price. Since then, I've got a very specifif purpose in mind, more when I get hold of them.

Shakermaker Promotions
16-12-2015, 06:11 AM
Look forward to you revealing all (ooer....not that way mate!).

I've seen a lot of gigs (the big bands) use things like this in the background (Numan of late to name but one). Obviously they aren't £59.00 versions but you could get the same kind of effect, especially with the built in programs. I haven't hooked them up DMX to a controller yet and probably won't but linked together on Auto, they're pretty good. I am tempted to get another 4 because for Uplighting they are great. The guys at both Total Sounds and DJKit tell me they are selling very well.

TONYTIGER
16-12-2015, 08:51 AM
These seem good on paper but they are only 10mm leds,and as a trade buyer come in much cheaper you get what you pay for so dont espect much.

Excalibur
16-12-2015, 10:02 AM
These seem good on paper but they are only 10mm leds,and as a trade buyer come in much cheaper you get what you pay for so dont espect much.

Point taken, Tony. I have a good idea of trade price, so I ( and probably most of us ) are under no illusions. For what I hope to use them for, the multiple effect will be better than tri/quad/multi LED units.

They so remind me of an effect that never failed to impress guests, the KAM 800 panels. Time will tell about reliability, but to be honest, at that price, it's feasible to buy more units than you need to allow for it.

CRAZY K
16-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Point taken, Tony. I have a good idea of trade price, so I ( and probably most of us ) are under no illusions. For what I hope to use them for, the multiple effect will be better than tri/quad/multi LED units.

They so remind me of an effect that never failed to impress guests, the KAM 800 panels. Time will tell about reliability, but to be honest, at that price, it's feasible to buy more units than you need to allow for it.

You might need to Peter.

I'm not sure how powerful these are--they had some at my last gig put in by the venue--a rare Wedding for me---I was a bit underwhelmed by the effect of two of them in the dancing area used as uplights.

Soon remedied by my recently acquired two KAM par bars ( cheers to JEM ) which transformed the room into pink/ mauve heaven.:beer1::beer1:

ALAN

Excalibur
16-12-2015, 11:31 AM
You might need to Peter.

I'm not sure how powerful these are--they had some at my last gig put in by the venue--a rare Wedding for me---I was a bit underwhelmed by the effect of two of them in the dancing area used as uplights.

Again, point taken, Alan.
But, if I wanted to shift a hundred tons of soil on a job, I'd use a two ton dumper, not a wheelbarrow.I've got a job on Saturday in a tiny room for fifty guests ( I don't think we can get more than half in at once ) so I'll not be using the four box big PA, two ten inch cabs driven by an old two hundred watt mixer amp will be quite big enough. The tiny one would have been useless at the gig I did in a huge gymnasium last week.
Horses for courses

CRAZY K
16-12-2015, 12:42 PM
Again, point taken, Alan.
But, if I wanted to shift a hundred tons of soil on a job, I'd use a two ton dumper, not a wheelbarrow.I've got a job on Saturday in a tiny room for fifty guests ( I don't think we can get more than half in at once ) so I'll not be using the four box big PA, two ten inch cabs driven by an old two hundred watt mixer amp will be quite big enough. The tiny one would have been useless at the gig I did in a huge gymnasium last week.
Horses for courses

Mixer amps --love them:beer1:

Very small venue for sure Peter--dancing on the tables time 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

MINIMAL LIGHTING AND SOUND --did they ask for a discount as there will not be many there??

That's the usual c...p I get here :daft:

ALAN

Excalibur
16-12-2015, 12:50 PM


MINIMAL LIGHTING AND SOUND --did they ask for a discount as there will not be many there?

I think Darren's teachings are paying dividends eventually. It's a higher price than normal, for shorter hours than normal. :)

Seems the service is important, not the kit. :whistle:

Shakermaker Promotions
16-12-2015, 02:49 PM
I got them because they are another way of working smarter and doing less if that makes sense?
They are quite powerful in certain venues and because they are quite big it means using less of the other lights if that makes sense too?

Generally for my uplighting I use the Kam RGB LED Panels which are very bright or the ADJ Megabar 50.
As I mentioned in my first post - On one of the walls at my main residency I usually use 3 of the Kams which are very powerful in my opinion. The other night I just used 1 of the Equinox and it produced a great spread.

Each to their own and all that. I like them anyway.

CRAZY K
16-12-2015, 03:17 PM
I got them because they are another way of working smarter and doing less if that makes sense?
They are quite powerful in certain venues and because they are quite big it means using less of the other lights if that makes sense too?

Generally for my uplighting I use the Kam RGB LED Panels which are very bright or the ADJ Megabar 50.
As I mentioned in my first post - On one of the walls at my main residency I usually use 3 of the Kams which are very powerful in my opinion. The other night I just used 1 of the Equinox and it produced a great spread.

Each to their own and all that. I like them anyway.

Quite agree, as it happens the Wedding Venue Dance area was a bit strange I worked at, back wall was a massive led backdrop covering whole wall, another wall was painted dark grey --whaaaat? and the other wall was not very big because of a huge window, there was a gap where the fourth wall should be, so not much to up light except the ceiling---PAR BARS to the rescue.

CRAZY K

deltic
16-12-2015, 06:34 PM
I have some on order. When I saw them at first, I had no idea what to use them for, but I wasn't going to miss them at that price. Since then, I've got a very specifif purpose in mind, more when I get hold of them.

Your battens are ready whenever you are Peter

Nakatomi
16-12-2015, 08:54 PM
I wish I'd seen these before I splurged on the Chauvet WashFX for lighting my booth screen. Ah well. Maybe I'll just have to add a couple of these anyway :-)

Imagine
16-12-2015, 10:07 PM
I've just acquired a pair of these myself. Like Peter, not quite sure what I was going to do with them (other than possibly lighting the back of the Equinox screen).

Took them out behind that on Friday - impressive, especially with the auto programs.
Saturday, I thought I'd try out something different and mounted them on the speaker stands (not something I'd normally think of doing other than with the EcoUV's at Halloween). They're not going to light a big venue, but they're certainly a tidy little light which have a lot of brightness for the size of the LEDs.

Tonight, a different configuration. School disco (so Showtec light boxes), and I normally put an Ultrabar on the top (well...it looks a bit like the old 4 way traffic light boxes if you squint a little bit). Tonight, both Power Battens on the top (linked) in one of the Knight-Rider programs they've got....I liked that one a lot :)

So, for the sake of £120, not a bad couple of lights in my very 'umble opnion.

This coming Saturday is an 80's night so they'll go behind the rig (it's Showtec time again) to provide a little uplighting.

Platinumeventsolutions
17-12-2015, 07:55 PM
Have had these in stock for a while and they are really good units and like others have said the programs built in are really good