PDA

View Full Version : Stay with Native Instruments s2 or other

mrrawuk
03-01-2016, 10:50 PM
I've used an s2 for almost 3 years and have had no issues as i play in nightclubs that already have mixers.

Using it for mobile work might not seem so ideal possibly. Main reasons being no EQ in on the s2's mic channel .

I've used Serato since day once SL1 box but if i can go mobile with the S2 then that is what i prefer but i just feel i would want EQ for the mic and extra channels.

Is it Pioneer time like the sx etc etc?

Benny Smyth
03-01-2016, 10:59 PM
I've used an s2 for almost 3 years and have had no issues as i play in nightclubs that already have mixers.

Using it for mobile work might not seem so ideal possibly. Main reasons being no EQ in on the s2's mic channel .

I've used Serato since day once SL1 box but if i can go mobile with the S2 then that is what i prefer but i just feel i would want EQ for the mic and extra channels.

Is it Pioneer time like the sx etc etc?

If you're contemplating a new controller but like the S2, why not get an S4 and run the mic through one of the channels?

mrrawuk
03-01-2016, 11:16 PM
If you're contemplating a new controller but like the S2, why not get an S4 and run the mic through one of the channels?

Yes i guess s4 is ideal as i know it quite well and it works as a standalone mixer if powered via mains. :)

Benny Smyth
03-01-2016, 11:36 PM
Yes i guess s4 is ideal as i know it quite well and it works as a standalone mixer if powered via mains. :)

It'd work as a mixer but not standalone - it'd need to be plugged into Traktor for it to work as a mixer. If you want a Native Instrument controller that works as a standalone mixer, you'd need the S8 or (possibly, I can't remember for certain) the S5.

mrrawuk
03-01-2016, 11:55 PM
It'd work as a mixer but not standalone - it'd need to be plugged into Traktor for it to work as a mixer. If you want a Native Instrument controller that works as a standalone mixer, you'd need the S8 or (possibly, I can't remember for certain) the S5.

I've never had a crash with Traktor to be honest and probably keep the s2 here as a backup as i also have a backup laptop.

Benny Smyth
04-01-2016, 12:03 AM
I've never had a crash with Traktor to be honest and probably keep the s2 here as a backup as i also have a backup laptop.

Not too dissimilar to me. I use the S4 MKII as my primary and the S4 MKI as backup.