PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the past!

Benny Smyth
08-03-2016, 09:41 AM
No idea if this is worthy of note, but I've had a notification telling me that I have a new PM for a couple of hours now but I couldn't initially see the message in my inbox. Turns out that said message was at the bottom of my list of PMs, and it was apparently sent on 1st January 1970.

Do you think that future me jumped into a Delorean and went a bit too far back in time, and decided that instead of trying again to get to the correct year, I just sent a PM? That would explain why I'm unable to open it. :confused:

Shaun
08-03-2016, 09:53 AM
The forum has been slowly having more and more technical issues. I think it's just a matter of time before it gives up the ghost and dies on us at some point. Let's enjoy iit whilst we can.

Jem
08-03-2016, 10:09 AM
If you're using iOS this may shed some light...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/03/07/iphone-owners-receive-ghost-emails-from-1970/

Excalibur
08-03-2016, 11:17 AM
The forum has been slowly having more and more technical issues.

You're not kidding. It currently seems to moderate new members on a random basis, and if it feels so inclined, keeps moderating some of them, for no obvious reason. :confused:

Still, at least it gives the mods something to do. :sofa:

Nakatomi
08-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Maybe somebody 'up there' just needs to run a check on the database & make sure there's no broken tables & whatnot. When the site goes offline for whatever reason, who knows what kind of state the server is in & what sort of fettle that leaves the database in.

CRAZY K
08-03-2016, 08:49 PM
The forum has been slowly having more and more technical issues. I think it's just a matter of time before it gives up the ghost and dies on us at some point. Let's enjoy iit whilst we can.

Oh no--I've only just rejoined recently --don't die :daft:

DazzyD
09-03-2016, 07:21 AM
This would be a good time for everyone to make sure we have their correct contact details. That way, if the worst does come to the worst, we could always migrate MDD to a new forum/BBS (Bulletin Board Service) and we could email members en masse to let them know. With the tech wizards we have on board (Riiiiitttchhhhiiiieeeeee! :richie: ) I reckon we'll be fine but who knows what the future holds.

And there's always the Facebook page for info and contact.