PDA

View Full Version : HP Media Edition m7151.uk

Candybeatdiscos
13-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Hi all, does anyone happen to have the above PC?

I am looking for a copy of the recovery disc's, I made my own copies when i got the pc, but they do not work, HP refuse to send them free and want £30, which i refuse to pay on principal and hoped that someone may be able to help me out ......please

LastMinuteDJs.net
14-11-2006, 01:29 AM
How messed up is your computer?

Ie - does windows load up? If so you could just use system recovery to recover it to factory state...

DJay
14-11-2006, 06:11 AM
If the windows serial is under the laptop, you don't really need the recovery disk. In fact as an IT engineer I hate using recovery disks to re-install windows, they normally install rubbish that you don't need and take up more mem/cpu.

Are you trying to re-install the operating system or recover work?

Candybeatdiscos
14-11-2006, 09:51 AM
basically its a media centre PC, i have previously reformatted it and put windows 2000 on it, i have also low level formatted it - but i want windows media center back onto it, but you cannot buy media centre it has to be preinstalled :(, HP advised that thier recovery disc need to be inserted to put the partition back onto it and the OS

Candybeatdiscos
14-11-2006, 02:31 PM
is this true or can you reinstall MCE 2005 - the machine has the original OEM license keys etc on the side of the desktop, basically i want this part back

Jiggles
14-11-2006, 03:09 PM
I dont know if this will help but could be to someone else :D

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductsList.asp?Category=45&SubCat=SOF-OS

DMX Will
14-11-2006, 04:23 PM
If you've got a serial number/code for windows media center, no reason why you can't download a "bent" copy of MCE and enter your key. It's legal because you own the license.

dj-jaym
14-11-2006, 08:12 PM
remember you need a oem copy tho

there is a nice torrent xp and media centre one which has a oem