PDA

View Full Version : Zoom Scatscan club or Acme Dynamo

iainmc
14-11-2006, 10:27 AM
I have made a purchase of the dynamo's yesterday and have been contacted to say I can have the choice of them or the scatscans.

I have found the scatscans on the web but not seen them working, anyone have a view on which are better or know where there is a video of the scatscans?

Thanks

groovy-nights
14-11-2006, 10:42 AM
The dynamo's are not in stock at prolight till the end of november.You can pick up the scatscans for under £290 a set www.soundlightuk.com.

jamesh
16-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Stick with the dynamos they are proven to be good and reliable.... Unlike Zoom who's owners used to own source (exactly the same product rebadged) but closed down for some weird reason only to open up with the same products and same logo but just replaced source with zoom!....

Never really trusted source/zoom products.. i've only heard issues on reliability on them......

Likewise avoid DFB Sound and Light warehouse like the plague... They are great at sales and really, really helpfuland knowledgeable but if anything goes wrong their support is pretty naff - they never respond to emails, promice to phone you back and don't, mess you around with excuses for weeks on end and eventually they will fix the problem and send it back.... There are far more reliable companies out there that actually give a dam about customer suppport.

I'm not the only one to have problems with DFB support either and can happily give you other peoples details if you dont believe me!

spin mobile disco
16-11-2006, 12:55 AM
Never had a problem with source my self, I have 2 source bats, 2 source magma's , and 2 source celebrations. Other than the usual slipping gobos that happen with most light on some occasion not really any problems.

Source were bought out recently by a chinese company i believe it was, and became as you say Zoom. However the parts used are of very good quality, the rolled steel chassis are very tough etc, parts are cheap for replacement.

Dont have any experience with them under the zoom trademark but didnt have any problems with source that couldnt be fixed with a new fuse, bulb or screwdriver.

Dragonfly
16-11-2006, 07:00 AM
firstly i have 8 dynamos and love them great effects and perfect for me in every way wish i could find a barrel scanner the same size ...... having said that 5 of the 8 heads went back within 3 months with lamp holder problems and a couple of other minor things had a choice get them fixed or get replacements i chose to get them fixed as i trust the workmanship and customer service of the guys i use

12 months on no further problems at all.