PDA

View Full Version : Email issue.

Excalibur
01-11-2016, 07:52 PM
Had an email bounced for the following reason.

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: ******@me.com
Reason: Over quota

Not my quota, cos I can send them to other emails just fine. :confused::confused:

Nakatomi
01-11-2016, 09:31 PM
Their mailbox is full.

Excalibur
01-11-2016, 10:52 PM
Their mailbox is full.

Perhaps I should email her and ask her to empty it? :whistle:

What's with this " quota" though? Never heard of that before. :confused:

yourdj
01-11-2016, 11:06 PM

Cheap, free crappy accounts.
Why people don't get proper email accounts I don't know as they are forever getting hacked.
Even a personal domain. Costs pounds a year and you can set what you want then. :)
Unfortunately www.oakley.co.uk was taken, but if you name is siridipidopolus or something why not? :p

Nakatomi
01-11-2016, 11:19 PM

Put as simply as I know how:

Quota = storage limit in a shared resource.

Excalibur
02-11-2016, 06:35 AM
Put as simply as I know how:

Quota = storage limit in a shared resource.

Justin, the meaning of the word I am more than familiar with, thank you very much. :p
What I am unfamiliar with is the imposition of a quota on emails, especially incoming. :confused:

Nakatomi
02-11-2016, 08:04 AM
Justin, the meaning of the word I am more than familiar with, thank you very much. :p
What I am unfamiliar with is the imposition of a quota on emails, especially incoming. :confused:

Storage space on servers is limited. The cheaper the email provider the more likely it is a user will run out of space. I've 'only' got 1GB of space on my business email account & I suspect that it would bounce emails if my inbox was full too. Working in day jobs where I've had a company email account I've seen this happen a lot.

Fwiw I've just looked up me.com. Apple. Say no more.

Excalibur
02-11-2016, 08:11 AM
Storage space on servers is limited. The cheaper the email provider the more likely it is a user will run out of space. I've 'only' got 1GB of space on my business email account & I suspect that it would bounce emails if my inbox was full too.

Ah. :o Now you mention it, I suspect I've got a limit, I remember Marc J explaining about deleting things from the server. Sorry Justin.

Fwiw I've just looked up me.com. Apple. Say no more.
:( :zip:

Tried again, third time lucky? Nope. :mad:

Nakatomi
02-11-2016, 08:53 AM
Ah. :o Now you mention it, I suspect I've got a limit, I remember Marc J explaining about deleting things from the server. Sorry Justin.

:( :zip:

Tried again, third time lucky? Nope. :mad:

Seeing as it's an iCloud thing I suspect that the storage quota they get is shared across emails, photos, music & other files. It takes some doing to fill most inboxes these days unless the provider is REALLY stingy. They're also not likely to notice it's full until it's too late which is the sad thing. :(

This is one of the reasons I made a phone number mandatory on my contact form. BTW this is likely a NAD lead Peter, where they've opted not to give you a number, I realise that :)

Excalibur
02-11-2016, 09:12 AM
. BTW this is likely a NAD lead Peter, where they've opted not to give you a number, I realise that :)

To quote my friend Sir Francis: " You might think that. I couldn't possibly comment". :whistle:

yourdj
02-11-2016, 09:50 AM
Seeing as it's an iCloud thing I suspect that the storage quota they get is shared across emails, photos, music & other files.

I used up my quota on my old account as it was full of massive image files to print companies and stuff like that. It was a meagre 2 gig or something pathetic (as I had an expensive business account with 8 domains), so I changed my hosts and not had a problem since.

mattydj50
02-11-2016, 12:22 PM
The company I work for by day have a quota allowance on our email system, set at 500mb each.

That's about enough to hold three emails and a photograph of half a postage stamp.

Nakatomi
02-11-2016, 12:49 PM
The company I work for by day have a quota allowance on our email system, set at 500mb each.

That's about enough to hold three emails and a photograph of half a postage stamp.

500 milli bits is yeah. #pedant

DazzyD
02-11-2016, 01:39 PM

Email accounts on shared servers have always had a "quota". It's exactly what Justin has already described. You've been very lucky if you've never had a "you are getting near your quota" warning email! :eek:

Cheap, free crappy accounts.
Why people don't get proper email accounts I don't know as they are forever getting hacked.
Even a personal domain. Costs pounds a year and you can set what you want then. :)
Unfortunately www.oakley.co.uk was taken, but if you name is siridipidopolus or something why not? :p

Because not many people would be able to spell siridipidopolus properly? :daft:

Play365
12-03-2017, 10:13 AM
Maybe it's temporarily quote limit error

Excalibur
12-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Maybe it's temporarily quote limit error

Correctamundo. It was. ( And successfully resolved, too if I remember right ) :)

Play365
13-03-2017, 12:44 PM
Correctamundo. It was. ( And successfully resolved, too if I remember right ) :)

Very well :)