PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had any experince with Thomann?

DJay
16-11-2006, 05:03 PM
They don't reply to emails. They don't post goods out anywhere near the estimated time, Customer Services are frequently enagaged, if you ever get through they are far from helpful... I think I'll stop there.

To Conclude, I ordered 2 flightcases 14 days ago. I still do not have them and they claim that the maker has not made them yet!

German Technolgy eh...

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-11-2006, 05:12 PM
I have to say I ordered a couple of Stairville lighting effects from them and they arrived within 5 days of me ordering.

I emailed after 3 days and asked when they were going to be delivered and got a response the next day.

I think it depends whether they have stuff in stock or not.

Dragonfly
16-11-2006, 05:19 PM
ive ordered a few things from them no problems at all emails answered the same day and delivery was about 3 days i think cant fault them liked the fact that they sent out my lights with a lamp and a spare lamp...... im easily pleased me.

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-11-2006, 05:20 PM
im easily pleased me.

Here's a cardboard box to play with Dave....:D

Dragonfly
16-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Here's a cardboard box to play with Dave....:D

thats not a cardboard box daz ..... thats a rocket whoooooosh :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-11-2006, 05:28 PM
thats not a cardboard box daz ..... thats a rocket whoooooosh :D :D

LMAO!!:lol::lol::lol::beer1:

lightspeed
16-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I bought my speakers from thomann, really good service. No problems.

- Chris

Thames Valley Discos
16-11-2006, 05:48 PM
i,ve ordered loads of stuff from them, i always get it around 3 days from order. i rate them 10/10.

spin mobile disco
16-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Guess your in the small but statistically ignored percentage of thir customers. Hate it when that happens , its like an electrical store on a sat afternoon. But can you get customer service, nope.

DJay
16-11-2006, 07:34 PM
OK so rule of thumb: NEVER ever order 19" rack cases from them! To be honest, I think I'll stick to local suppliers. Incdently, I'm about to add a photo to the way that I have always invisaged having my truss stand set up to that post!

groovy-nights
16-11-2006, 08:21 PM
i placed a order for 2 srm450 xone 62 mixer and flightcase speaker bags and cables.Still waiting to here from them.
I have since got the gear from sounds live and decks.

BeerFunk
16-11-2006, 08:42 PM
If I remember correctly, they have a strange ordering system?

DJay
16-11-2006, 08:59 PM
yeah, you place an order and they don't deliver! That's the strange ordering system!

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-11-2006, 01:34 AM
If I remember correctly, they have a strange ordering system?

How do you mean?:confused:

BeerFunk
17-11-2006, 02:31 AM
I might be getting confused with another European based site, but I remember placing an order for a CD wallet, but there was no checkout or anything :confused:

I got an email a few days later asking if I still wanted the product :eek:

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-11-2006, 02:36 AM
I might be getting confused with another European based site, but I remember placing an order for a CD wallet, but there was no checkout or anything :confused:

I got an email a few days later asking if I still wanted the product :eek:
There's definatly a check out.

I wouldn't but something on the net if it was slightly dodgy.

Corabar Entertainment
17-11-2006, 03:53 AM
Another vote for 'no problems' here - and we have had cause to contact them on various occasions and always had speedy responses.

However, I have just remembered that I didn't think they had replied the first time I emailed them because my system decided their email was 'spam'!!!!

dannyboy
17-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Not had bad experiance with Thormanns yet

I also use http://www.turnkey.co.uk/web/homeAction.do?dispatch=homePage

They beat any price in Europe and they are based in London.

Tip:- Open 2 browser windows go on each website and compare prices phone turnkey and they will match/beat.
(Turnkeys website prices are slightly higher than thormanns)

And if your not in any rush, keep an eye on Thomann because there prices flutuate hourly/daily due to excange rate.

Always helps when your working with a budget or just tight.

DJay
28-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Thomann suck. I will never use them ever again.

I wrote to them saying that if they do not send me my order soon I will cancel the order (this after waiting 2 weeks for 2 cases). I had an email stating that the order will arrive within 5 more days. A few minutes later I had another stating that my order has been cancelled. I wrote back and told them to make sure I get my cases. 4 weeks on and they still say the order is cancelled.

Thomann really suck and their customer service dept is far from one that offeres customer service!

I am now stuck with finding the case in the UK. Anyone know whwre I can get this type of case from for around the same cost?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/thon_rack_3_he_economy_45.htm

Danno13
28-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Jay.. if i were you I'd ring them and speak to someone rather than emailing. They either employ Brits, or Germans who speak great English, as every time I've rang they've been very helpful.

It seems they just don't have the cases in stock, and to be honest you won't get cases that cheap anywhere else!

DJay
28-11-2006, 06:11 PM
I called and spoke with Emily. About as useful as my mobile without a bettary!

I don't trust them anymore and refuse to wait another 2 weeks for them to mess a new order up. BVut I desperatly need the cases.

gillo
01-12-2006, 10:24 PM
does anone have the number for thommans