PDA

View Full Version : The RSQ Neo Karaoke Player Is Great

colinm345
18-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Although I am using PCDJ KJ at times as a back up and to play Cavs Super CDG discs I have just bought a RSQ NEO E500 Mk 4 from EM KARAOKE

The player is fantastic and able to read DVD and Super CD+G and the new Neo format at almost the same loading speeds as a normal CDG

As some DVD or Neo discs seem to have a minimum of 50 tracks,and up to 1234 tracks on some discs a quick search facility is most definitely the order of the day

I have found the direct access panel on the front of the machine to be a godsend for anyone who is interested here is a link to EM KARAOKE

http://emkaraoke.com/

DK Karaoke
18-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Although I am using PCDJ KJ at times as a back up and to play Cavs Super CDG discs I have just bought a RSQ NEO E500 Mk 4 from EM KARAOKE

The player is fantastic and able to read DVD and Super CD+G and the new Neo format at almost the same loading speeds as a normal CDG

As some DVD or Neo discs seem to have a minimum of 50 tracks,and up to 1234 tracks on some discs a quick search facility is most definitely the order of the day

I have found the direct access panel on the front of the machine to be a godsend for anyone who is interested here is a link to EM KARAOKE

http://emkaraoke.com/

The RSQ is not great. :bang: You cannot select a track in excess of 10 directly, you have to select 10 and then "fast forward", and this only works with CDG's. With DVD's you cannot directly select, nor can you select using the remote. Believe me I have tried, but no use. :mad:

You cannot rewind within a track, it just freezes and you have to restart the track again. This is the second major fault with this player, along with the direct track select. It also does not read all discs, in particular, it has trouble reading SBI cdg's.

I know several professional KJ's who bought this machine, and they have delegated them to the back room.

Its unfortunate that the makers have not quite worked out the software with this machine before releasing it on the market. A bit like Windows, the public perform the testing, so to speak. However can we afford to do this, I dont think so.

For me the Vocopro DVX 880Pro is the best machine, next to the JVC that is.;) ;)

colinm345
18-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Not mine my friend it is a brand new MK4 and if I load a DVD press play select lets say track 45 then play again then it loads and plays in some 2/3 seconds,again like you I know as I have tried it:)

DK Karaoke
21-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Not mine my friend it is a brand new MK4 and if I load a DVD press play select lets say track 45 then play again then it loads and plays in some 2/3 seconds,again like you I know as I have tried it:)

Hi ya, guess you must have been one of the VERY FEW, who perhaps got a machine where the software was right. However for me, if I pay that much for a machine, I expect it to give me what it claims. As I said I know several KJ's who bought one, foolishly thinking it was the best since slice pan (JVC), and all have had problems.

Not only did they have problems, but when they sent them back, they had to pay hefty postage charges, and when they got them back - EVENTUALLY, they were still the same. Therefore I did not even think of sending my back, not worth the agro. Learned my lesson with this one.

colinm345
21-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Sorry yours and your friends did not work out its not only disappointing but quite frustrating

However you can tell a real one from a grey import by seeing if the RSQ logo on the front panel is slightly risen or just painted on

I have also heard that some needed a board modification

If that had happened to me I would have sent it back and expected them to pay the postage otherwise I would have been straight on to Trading Standards

Once again sorry

DK Karaoke
21-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Sorry yours and your friends did not work out its not only disappointing but quite frustrating

However you can tell a real one from a grey import by seeing if the RSQ logo on the front panel is slightly risen or just painted on

I have also heard that some needed a board modification

If that had happened to me I would have sent it back and expected them to pay the postage otherwise I would have been straight on to Trading Standards

Once again sorry

Thanks for that. Have checked the logo, and its like gold letters sort of stuck on the machine, not that much risen, its not dead flat. I bought it from a "reputable" provider, known on this site, so never imagined it could be fake. I dont think it is.

By the way, am not kidding about the vocopro dvx880 pro, it really is bril, and cant believe how fast it is loading, and clear graphics, absolutely no problems with this one. I do know however, that most of the vocopro machines on sale via the internet here in the UK, are all discontinued, so I checked with the home base (vocopro) and the dvx880 pro, is still very much the in machine over 'in' the states. Its not the most expensive of their machines, but it delivers exactly what I want as a KJ. its also cheaper than the rsq.

Anyway, hope all goes ok with the rsq for you, and happy KJ'ing:)

colinm345
23-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Thanks very much,and I hope every KEEPS going well with your Vocopro:) :) :) :)