PDA

View Full Version : What do you reckon to this lighting package?

4one4 Sound Solutions
22-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Hi Guys,

I've thoroughly read all threads on these forums and think I've finally made a decision as to which lighting to go for. I'm just starting out properly and £400 is my limit. I haven't heard anyone mention the Kam lighting range on here but they look pretty good to me, in fact they look like rebranded martins. :D

http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/prodpage.asp?prodid=2063

Package is 2 250w scanners and a 250w goboflower. Will this "fill" a venue fairly well. I would obviously have the goboflower pointed at the dancefloor and the scanners providing some range. I'm not sure how much the controller is but for £399 this seems pretty good value and give me the option to expand as and when the millions come rolling in :rolleyes: Also the Kam range does seem nice. Has anyone got any experience of the Kams? and if you had £400 quid as a starter what would you buy? Serious answers only lol

Paul James Promotions
22-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Do you have any lighting at the moment?

Jamie

4one4 Sound Solutions
22-11-2006, 04:51 PM
No Jamie i've always hired things before but i'd like to buy my own lights now

ross@rds
22-11-2006, 05:11 PM
the demo vid looks good price is ok in all good package i would say

Have a disco
22-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Im very tempted to try the chauvet dmxable range for 250w scanners which have upto 18 gobos and will work off a c8 controller

and would still advice on PSL gobostars for a goboflower effect understand these are now dmxable as well but these are harder to find than most lighting

Danno13
22-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Personally i think you'd need more than one moonflower to cover even the smallest dancefloor and look good.

A pair of datamoons with controller and case can be had for £250 now, mabye two sets of them if you can stretch an extra £100. Can always get scanners at a later date.

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-11-2006, 05:27 PM
I would think that it would be Ok for smallish venues.

Two flowers and 2 scans would be much better and fill a lot more space.

4one4 Sound Solutions
22-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Ok thanks for the comments guys. So the CA-8 will control upto 8 different types of lights? I take it does just offer basic functions, i.e speed. Maybe i should get two goboflowers, maybe from Kam and two dynamo scanners. I think i could do this about the same price as the Kam kit. I've also noticed the Kam kit includes 150w versions of the goboflower and scanner which is think is a bit pish, i really want 250w especially if i only have 3 or 4 lights.

Ok i can get 2 x new NJD datamoons with case and controller for £239 and 2 x acme dynamos for £150. Should i go for it?

Danno13
22-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Two flowers and 2 scans would be much better and fill a lot more space.

Yeah.. but the package only has one moonflower.

Sounds like a good plan 4one4, however, the CA-8 will only control the Dynamos and you'd have to use the separate controller for the datamoons.. although this isn't such a bad thing as you can turn the lights off individually.

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Yeah.. but the package only has one moonflower.

I know that Dan.

I was just saying that 2 flowers and 2 scans would fill the space better.:bang:

superspindiscos
23-11-2006, 02:31 PM
brilliant package i reckon at the price. bought lots from this website previously so can recommend the service . demo vid looks decent.

DMX Will
23-11-2006, 02:39 PM
hate to break the fun and all, but isn't all this KAM stuff made from jiffy bags and PVA glue?