PDA

View Full Version : Bpm Controller

superspindiscos
23-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Has anyone had any experience using his controller at all? I know its expensive but just wondering what peoples thoughts are of it actually working as i have an opportunity of buying one off a friend?

overprice piece of junk or digitial dj masterpiece? if anyone who uses BPM could let me know if would be great cheers

superspindiscos:)

DMX Will
23-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Are you talking about a specific model? You use the phrase "using this controller" but yet no controller model/branding is named.

BeerFunk
23-11-2006, 03:18 PM
I don't know, but I would advise going agains't relying on any BPM values given out by any equipment!

superspindiscos
23-11-2006, 03:31 PM
sorry its the controller used with BPM STUDIO's DJ software, like the DAC controller for PCDJ but its more expensive

http://www.alcatech.com/html/rebuild.php?src=products_remote.html

Silver
23-11-2006, 04:11 PM
If you want a bpm calculator, check this FREE fella out - the analyzer, it's pretty accurate...http://www.mixmeister.com/download.html http://planetsmilies.net/music-smiley-7530.gif

Danno13
23-11-2006, 04:13 PM
From what I've heard they're great. I'm not sure if he posts on here but Tony/Eskie/Jack Carter has been using one for ages now and seems to like it.

They seem to have much more features than the PCDJ equivalents, which is reflected in the price - but I reckon it'd be worth it.

superspindiscos
23-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Cheers Dano, ive been offered one at a bargain so was going to take a flyer anyways i think - they certainley look the part.. :)

Eskie
29-11-2006, 09:44 AM
As Danno mentioned, I've been using the Alcatech RCP-2001-A controller with BPM Studio 4.* since Oct 2000 and it is an absolutely superb bit of kit. Reliability and features are top notch.
As for the actual software, this is also extremely good. For the last 2 years or so we keep hearing that Alcatech will be releasing version 5 of the software at any time, but still nothing up to now. The company make fantastic equipment but have awful PR!
...on the other hand, considering the recent fiasco of the OTS releases, bugs etc, it could just be a case that the reason they have never announced a release date is because they want to be absolutely 100% certain that the new version works with no problems before releasing it... even so, they could still do with investing in a decent PR department!

superspindiscos
29-11-2006, 06:50 PM
hi eskie,

thanks for your reply. im stuck between a rock and a hard place as absolutley love bpm (like you been awaiting a new release since january of this year think) but cant get away from the simplicity of my dac 3 and fx.

a mate is offering me the bpm controller at a great price so ill try to find out the model but beleive it could be the one you mention.

he has offered me it at £200.00 and ive seen it and it looks mint, and heard they retail alot higher - is this a good deal? if so ill probably flog my dac and go bpm the whole way. never tried ots, dabbled in tractor but found it too messy, so its either stick with what ive got or get the bpm controller and go down that route.. :)

Eskie
30-11-2006, 02:26 AM
he has offered me it at £200.00 and ive seen it and it looks mint, and heard they retail alot higher - is this a good deal?

If it is the model I have then that is a very low price, so sounds like an excellent deal.
Because of the lack of information from Alchatech, I've no idea if when they eventually release V5, whether it will have a new dedicated controller! ...but with the rumoured features that it will include, I'd be quite surprised if it didn't use a new controller!
That might be something you wanna bear in mind when making your decision!?

superspindiscos
30-11-2006, 10:15 AM
cheers eskie, i think ill plump for it now anyways im happy with the version of bom i use and as long as it works well with the controller this should see me through. i could be waiting another year for the latest version of bpm so its a small risk ill have to take..

thanks for your advice :)

Eskie
30-11-2006, 10:54 AM
No problem mate, glad to be of use :p