PDA

View Full Version : hotel wedding guides

soundscapes
23-11-2006, 08:05 PM
has anybody advertised in these and what kind of return did u get, been offered a full colour full page ad for £750, plus if i take it i will become first choice for the hotels wedding co-ordinator.

colinm345
23-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Yes we have http://www.weddingdiscos4u.com in The Ansty MacDonald's Hotels wedding guide at a total cost of £650 for 2 years

The wedding guide has been out just over a month now and we have already had one confirmed booking from it and a deposit for August next year

Nothing great as yet but considering they have a resident DJ there is one booking he did not get:)

soundscapes
23-11-2006, 08:19 PM
this ones for brook hotels

stez
23-11-2006, 08:50 PM
HI SIMON

Iwould ask these questions :do they have weddings every
weekend,
1. ask how many outside discos did they have in last year
2. are you the only one in the book
3. would the wedding organiser really recommend you or are you only
in the introduction brochure.
4. do they have other functions as well.
had the same problem myself last year, E.G.if you work out 40 functions a year
And half would be done by outside djs thats 20 but would you still be quarenteed the 20 bookings.
sorry to sound negative but I would delve a bit more ,do they insist on pat and pli.
that would help you as well with the odds.
I decided to put my money to better things in the end last year.:)
but good luck anyway invest wisely.

Corabar Entertainment
23-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Paying to advertise in a brochure is one thing, but I have to admit I don't have much time for hotels who 'sell' their recommendations...... IMHO they should recommend someone based on their performance of service, not to the highest bidder!

ian8limelight
23-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Yes we have http://www.weddingdiscos4u.com in The Ansty MacDonald's Hotels wedding guide at a total cost of £650 for 2 years

The wedding guide has been out just over a month now and we have already had one confirmed booking from it and a deposit for August next year

Nothing great as yet but considering they have a resident DJ there is one booking he did not get:)

One question though - why didn't he/she advertise in it ? I've had enquiries from similar companies as this and have never gone along with it. The Hotel, even though you advertise in a wedding guide, won't necessarily promote you.

leighinstoke
23-11-2006, 11:11 PM
I'll add a bit to this - the brochure is probably being produced for the hotel free of charge - your advertising will pay for the production - so why approach you to be in there instead of their own guy?

I'll tell you why - I know that advertising reps at these places just grab the local phonebooks and go through them until they get a result - I should know - I used to work for one writing the 'advertorials' and Martin our sales rep had pretty much every Yellow Pages and phonebook there was - and he was ruthless when it came to selling - he'd go page after page until he got someone to spend money.

Leigh....

soundtracker
23-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Had a call for one of these the other day. My response was "Sorry but the sort of people that will book that venue, won't want to pay my prices". Guy says "Oh!, bit of a dive is it?" He didn't even know what he was trying to promote!!

Dragonfly
24-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Paying to advertise in a brochure is one thing, but I have to admit I don't have much time for hotels who 'sell' their recommendations...... IMHO they should recommend someone based on their performance of service, not to the highest bidder!

im with you angela i had same last year in nottingham "you pay us 2k and well tell our guests your good"

no ta rather have my recommendations on merit and because you want the best for your company and clients not because ive paid you to say it.

colinm345
24-11-2006, 07:10 AM

Angela I agree wholeheartedly with that

The only thing that will sell us in the guide is the layout of the advert and the pictures ,plus are selling skills when an enquiry is made to us

Upon our recant enquiry which was converted into a booking the lady booked us because 1 she was attracted to our picture and 2 because of our selling skills

If we had to wait for Ansty Hall we would have to wait a long long time Im afraid

One question though - why didn't he/she advertise in it ? I've had enquiries from similar companies as this and have never gone along with it. The Hotel, even though you advertise in a wedding guide, won't necessarily promote you.

Hi Ian

Good point the regular DJ DID advertise in it ,and although we were promised the placement of first in the guide ,they got first place instead ,however we got the booking and not them it is interesting to note that our plain and simple website http://www.weddingdiscos4u.com almost mirrors the advert in the guide:)

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-11-2006, 05:48 PM

Agreed and this is the way we work with Hotels.

The Hotel, even though you advertise in a wedding guide, won't necessarily promote you.

I have had experience of this many years ago, when the publisher told me that the Hotel would promote me and they didn't.

I threatened to sue them and they gave me my money back.