PDA

View Full Version : PCDJ Red

NeilP
25-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Been using this for only a short time and come accross two problems.

1. I use an external hard drive to hold all my mp3's and every now and then the PCDJ Recordcase is empty when i boot up the Laptop, and i have to load all the tracks again. It also looses all the Log entries.

2. Whilst searching for a track, it just crashed! Luckily an error message came up on the screen and didn't actually crash until i confirmed that i didn't want to send the error message to Microsoft!! Enough time to line up a CD..... usually i don't carry any CD's, but for some unknown reason i had a couple kicking around. NOTE TO SELF - ALWAYS carry some CD's!

Any ideas though peeps?

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Been using this for only a short time and come accross two problems.

1. I use an external hard drive to hold all my mp3's and every now and then the PCDJ Recordcase is empty when i boot up the Laptop, and i have to load all the tracks again. It also looses all the Log entries.

2. Whilst searching for a track, it just crashed! Luckily an error message came up on the screen and didn't actually crash until i confirmed that i didn't want to send the error message to Microsoft!! Enough time to line up a CD..... usually i don't carry any CD's, but for some unknown reason i had a couple kicking around. NOTE TO SELF - ALWAYS carry some CD's!

Any ideas though peeps?

Which version are you using - VRM or original PCDJ 5.2?

Do you ever plug another drive, flash drive or USB stick into your PC, because if you do, it may re-assign your hard drive to another letter, therefore meaning that when you plug your main hard drive in, that will be re-assigned another letter and the track link path will be broken.

Are the track links in italics?

Second part - what were you searching for and what were you using, artist, title or all tags and paths?

Let me know and I'll see if I can help.:)

NeilP
25-11-2006, 12:58 AM
VRM.

I haven't plugged anything else into the laptop, however it usually happens when i plug everything back in - but it doesn't happen all the time - luckily it hasn't happened when i power everything up at a gig as it does take some time to reload everything!

I typed in 'Jam' as i couldn't remember how to spell Jamirouqoui (or however you spell it!), got a list up and clicked on the first Jamir, jamair, song by him :D and then went to sort by Artist and i got the 'Send Error to Microsoft' message telling me that it was closing down!:bang:

With regards the track links - there were no tracks, they had all gone - only from the Recordcase, they were still all on the hardrive.

Thinking back now, it did stammer on a couple of tracks early on in the evening, but nothing unusual after i had restarted PCDJ again.