PDA

View Full Version : Acme Barrell Rover

scoopd
27-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Does anybody know if you can get different colousr on these lights at the same time?

Thanks

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Does anybody know if you can get different colousr on these lights at the same time?

Thanks

Are you asking if they have separate colour and gobo wheels?

Not sure I understand the question?:confused:

Danno13
27-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Could also mean having 2 lights linked but doing different colours.. I'm pretty sure there's a dip switch you change to do that either 10 or 11.

scoopd
27-11-2006, 10:07 PM
That's exactly what I mean I have 4 lights but would like different colours from each one but yet in a sequence if possible?

Cheers

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-11-2006, 10:08 PM
You'd probably need a DMX controller.

scoopd
28-11-2006, 08:22 PM
I have a DMX Controller but it's the size of a remote.Are we talking about something larger obviously?

DMX Will
28-11-2006, 11:44 PM
If it's a DMX controller, and you have 20 channels (plus the amount of channels you need to run the rest of your rig) you can do it. You will need to assign each Rover to a different channel (ie Rover 1 to channel 1, Rover 2 to Channel 6, Rover 3 to Channel 11 and Rover 4 to Channel 16). If you want two colours out of four lights, I would recommend setting two lights to one channel (ie channel 1) and the other two to another (ie channel 6).

You will then be able to use your controller to let the lights do different things. If you are not currently using a controller, I don't think you can, although check with Danno, as he seems to be going on about some pin assignment when the Rovers are not in DMX mode.

Hope this helps.

Danno13
28-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Will.. most DMX controllers don't work like that. They have buttons designed to be assigned to each light, so button one will make the faders control channels 0 -15, button two for 16 - 31.. so its very rare that you'd setup the lights with the addresses you mention. It would usually be to correspond to the buttons on the dmx controller.

Scoop.. what you have isn't a DMX controller, it just tells the unit you plug it into what to do.. that until then sends signals to the others via DMX. Like i say there are dip switch settings you can do.. one for inverting the mirrors and one for alternate colours. I think they are either 9 and 10, or 10 and 11, but you'll just have to experiment.

DMX Will
29-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Will.. most DMX controllers don't work like that. They have buttons designed to be assigned to each light, so button one will make the faders control channels 0 -15, button two for 16 - 31.. so its very rare that you'd setup the lights with the addresses you mention. It would usually be to correspond to the buttons on the dmx controller.

True in the case of most DJ-friendly DMX controllers, however he did mention he has a very small controller (suggesting not many channels/options). In regard to the fixtures select buttons, you can still run more than one fixture on a different DMX address on the same "fixture range" that each controller sets.

Ricesnaps
29-11-2006, 01:51 PM
True in the case of most DJ-friendly DMX controllers, however he did mention he has a very small controller (suggesting not many channels/options). In regard to the fixtures select buttons, you can still run more than one fixture on a different DMX address on the same "fixture range" that each controller sets.
I would imagine by small controller we are talking about something like a CA-8 aren't we?

Ricesnaps
29-11-2006, 01:52 PM
I would imagine by small controller we are talking about something like a CA-8 aren't we?

Might help to know why he want to do this. For most people the whole thing about scanners is to allow them to run programmed patterns where the colours and gobo's change and compliment.

It does sound as is this chap wants them to work like a coloured par can.

DMX Will
29-11-2006, 03:50 PM

a CA-8 isnt classed as DMX, and he did use the phrase "DMX controller" but who knows!

Danno13
29-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Keep up...

Scoop.. what you have isn't a DMX controller, it just tells the unit you plug it into what to do.. that until then sends signals to the others via DMX

scoopd
29-11-2006, 09:15 PM
to go with the Barrel Rover I have a small Computer mouse sized unit which says stand by/Function and Mode on it.
As I said before what I'm looking for is something that may change the colour of ,say,2 of the 4 lights or have them all with different colours

Cheers

Dragonfly
29-11-2006, 09:18 PM
thatll be one of these then a ca-8 controller

http://www.rawpower.co.uk/acatalog/acme_ca8controller.jpg

scoopd
29-11-2006, 09:22 PM
That's the one!!!!

DMX Will
29-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah you will need a DMX controller such as the Chauvet DMX-50 (I recommend) to change the colours, as the CA-8 isnt that sophisticated. It's designed for simple use fast/slow/strobe and on/off sort of jobs!

Danno13
29-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Third times the charm... :D

Like i say there are dip switch settings you can do.. one for inverting the mirrors and one for alternate colours. I think they are either 9 and 10, or 10 and 11, but you'll just have to experiment.

DMX Will
29-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Where did you post that? I can't see it anywhere in this topic!!!!!!

Danno13
29-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Post 8, and a cut down version back in post 3.

Specsavers?? :D

DMX Will
29-11-2006, 11:57 PM
BAH! I blame this new version of Vista