PDA

View Full Version : Downloading

Ricesnaps
02-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Just wondred if there was an answer to this - sure it's been asked before but probably not listened!

Generally when I need to download tracks, I use Woolies. Now these come as a WMA file and I have generally been copying to CD and playing from my Denons.

However, these need a licence to work. With the licence, even when I have downloaded these as MP3 tracks, with the licence it won't play in mixmiester at all. Now I LOVE mixmiester to bits. Is there an answer to allow me keep using it and if not, what DJ software do I need to use to let me play these files and get similar benefits to mixmiester?

Have a disco
02-12-2006, 07:46 PM
change to PCDJ LOL

Danno13
03-12-2006, 02:51 AM
Once you've burned to a CD then just rip back to whatever format you want and play with anything you like. :)

Ricesnaps
03-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Once you've burned to a CD then just rip back to whatever format you want and play with anything you like. :)
But surely that completely defeats the purpose of the download! If I did that, why would I want to use it digitally - can use it om denons then

Danno13
03-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Until they get rid of stupid DRM then thats the only option unfortunatley. Unless you use the new versions of PCDJ, or Virtual DJ, or other software that can play DRM files.

Doesn't defeat the point for me though, personally I switched to digital downloads as i now get the tracks i need much sooner than waiting for the DMC /Mastermix disc at the end of the month. Plus i just get the good stuff and not the fillers.