PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Numark Cue and suitable laptop

DK Karaoke
12-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone give me some advice please. I am thinking of going digital, for both music, and karaoke, including music videos.

I was told the Numark Cue is a good piece of software. However, I would need to buy a new laptop, as my other two are just standard office types, microsoft with all the usual unnecessary software etc. I already have the projector and screen etc.

All my music is already on the Pc (tower) including my cdg's although I always use the original discs to do karaoke, owing to licence etc. Am hopeful I can get approval to play the cdg's digitally.

Therefore, has anyone used the Numark Cue, and also what laptop would you recommend. Can you have a laptop made to your specifications, as I did with my PC's. Also does it matter what type of mixer/amp you use. I use a Dynacord Powermate 1000. How do you connect up all the bits - laptop, mixer/amp and projector etc.

As I said I do everything using discs, no digital projection, but am tired of carrying around a 10U rack case with three players, 5 large cd cases, plus of course rig to fit it all on.

Anyone got any suggestions please.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-12-2006, 09:56 PM
There's a free trial download here (http://www.qualitydj.co.uk/numark-cue-p-125.html) of Numark cue.

I have heard quite a few people raving about Virtual DJ and I did try the demo version and was quite impressed with the video mixing facility.

I must add that before they added this facility along with the ability to play Mp3+G I thought it looked like a toy.

There's also a free trial download of that on their site.

DK Karaoke
12-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Hey thanks for that.:) This is where I was pointed to, to start with. I heard that Virtual DJ, while good, loads the track, directly from hard disc, (external disc, if you use one) and plays directly, but the Numark Cue, reads it into memory, so allowing you to cue up the next, apparently thats supposed to be better. Thats why you need a lot of RAM and a very good sound and graphic card.

Hopefully someone on here, knows all the business, digital that is.

DJ James Lake
14-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Numark Cue is Virtual DJ with a Numark branded Skin on it. You will get more flexibility with Virtual DJ