PDA

View Full Version : Dbx Driverack

simon gee
19-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Hi Guys Just Been Reading And Looking At Differnt Bit And Bobs On The Site . Iv Got A Question ,does Anybody Have Any Info On The Dbx Driveracks Im Really Keen On Getting One Of These And So Is My Mate . But I Could Do With Some Honest Advice - I Run Peavey 115xt Subs And Hysis 1 And 2 Xt With The New Peavey Cs Amps 2000 And 3000 Sounds Good But Im After Trying To Make Eq-ing A Bit Easier Any Tips Would Be Great - Cheers Guys Keep The Good Work [ Simon Gee ]

ian8limelight
19-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Simon - Would you like to introduce yourself in the Newbie section.

Danno13
19-12-2006, 03:39 AM
These are supposed to be the muts nuts of speaker management systems... but last i heard, they were really hard to get hold of.

To be honest though, you're probably better off spending the money upgrading your speakers and you'd see much more of an improvement.

simon gee
19-12-2006, 10:37 AM
cheers guys it all sounds great in regards to upgrading the peaveys i have thought about this but the thing is i have always liked the peavey cabs but i must admit i would liked to upgrade the insides ie drivers horns ect to the latest peavey range which are meant to be able to handle that bit more kick.or i was thinking about upgrading them with precesion devices range of drivers , but im too worried about making the wrong move so its being left until im sure - any input on this would be great cheers.

A1DL
19-12-2006, 12:51 PM
we have a driverack 260 on one of our FOH racks running 3 big Crowns (11k)

they're OK, probably easier to program if you connect to a laptop rather than laying on the floor using the tiny LCD display!

would I buy another one? no, probably not, worth a few extra pennies for an XTA DP226 instead to be honest

HTH

tony

Paul James Promotions
19-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Have you had your trip to Dorset yet Tony? :D

A1DL
19-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Have you had your trip to Dorset yet Tony? :D

They're ready for collection now Jamie, they were finally ready last Friday after unforeseen delays getting the paint. Was hoping to get down there this week, but looking more like first week in 2007 TBH, I must phone Terry & see if there about between Xmas & NYE

Tony :beer1:

Paul James Promotions
20-12-2006, 02:57 AM
Good stuff. What have you ordered?

I've just had one of the Kryos to try running HF on the Stasys, sounding very nice indeed.

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Get a room please chaps....

Paul James Promotions
20-12-2006, 01:27 PM
:) :)

Alex - Cream Ents
27-12-2006, 12:29 PM
We use the DBX Driveracks in their various guises at work an awful lot, definately easier to setup using a laptop (much less fiddly). We have no problems with them - its relatively easy to get to grips with the basics. As for availability I shouldn't think you'll have a problem we always get ours next business day.