PDA

View Full Version : Which smoke machine

super-hero
21-01-2007, 04:47 PM
I am looking to buy a second smoke machine, I have a baby 750watt one, but also need to invest in something reliable and more powerful.

I was thinking of an Antari 3000watt one, or something similar. I was hoping to pay no more than £200 for a new one, but would also consider something second hand.

Which are the good makes and which are the ones to avoid.

Thanks.

Thames Valley Discos
21-01-2007, 05:00 PM
MARTIN MAGNUM 2000 , can get them second hand for that sort of figure,

A1DL
21-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Agree with Paul, the Magnum 2000 is a fantastic machine, very powerful - we've had one for 10 years and still going strong.

funkymike
21-01-2007, 06:06 PM
I am looking to buy a second smoke machine, I have a baby 750watt one, but also need to invest in something reliable and more powerful.

I was thinking of an Antari 3000watt one, or something similar. I was hoping to pay no more than £200 for a new one, but would also consider something second hand.

Which are the good makes and which are the ones to avoid.

Thanks.

Dont get that, you want something realiable like a Antari! :D :D :D

super-hero
21-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Ah, my ignorance was obviously showing.

I take it that reliability and Antari are words not usually associated with each other.

I will keep and eye on Ebay to see if any Martin ones turn up, and what sort of prices they go for. Thanks for the advice so far.

Paul James Promotions
21-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Agree with Paul, the Magnum 2000 is a fantastic machine, very powerful - we've had one for 10 years and still going strong.

MARTIN MAGNUM 2000 , can get them second hand for that sort of figure,

I use the ZR33, superb piece of kit, sometimes come up on eBay.

spin mobile disco
21-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Antari do the job for an expected period i.e right up until warranty expires, normally to the minute. Sayign that though you could buy 10 antari effects for the price of one of the dearer ones.
Ask yourself how often are you going to use it, how much you want pumping out, also power requirments (once saw a dj with abut 5000 watts of effects on a 13amp socket ) If its reliabiliy long term because you use it a lot by all means look at the martin products.
They have the name and a good track record, antari are still relatively new and still learning from their mistakes. Saying that though I use an antari fogger I've had for 2 years now without problem not the most powerful but does what it said on the box.

Dragonfly
21-01-2007, 10:02 PM
to be honest none probably as everywhere will probably ban their use by the end of the year.

i have an antari fazer but only found one venue i can use it in so far.

Candybeatdiscos
21-01-2007, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't bother getting one, since the smoking ban kicked off up here in Gods's country, you can hardly use them as pubs and halls are now fitting the ultra sensitive smoke detectors etc, also no council venue's will let you use them now anyway.

save your cash and buy extra lights or something

Shaun
21-01-2007, 10:45 PM
I wouldn't bother getting one, since the smoking ban kicked off up here in Gods's country, you can hardly use them as pubs and halls are now fitting the ultra sensitive smoke detectors etc, also no council venue's will let you use them now anyway.

save your cash and buy extra lights or something

I've never had a problem using haze or smoke in Fife Council buildings...must be a Dunfermline thing? :D

super-hero
22-01-2007, 10:11 AM
With the smoking ban, I think a smoke machine is needed now more than ever. I know a lot of venues that dont like them used because in the past dj's have abused them. I think a lot of venues imagine smokey nightclubs when you mention a smoke machine.

I might buy a couple of cheap smaller machines, that way any problems I will always have a spare, and bigger venues I can use multiples.

Vectis
22-01-2007, 11:52 AM
I might buy a couple of cheap smaller machines, that way any problems I will always have a spare, and bigger venues I can use multiples.

That's exactly the tack I've taken - couldn't justify a top notch machine for the 30% or so venues I'm allowed to use it, so I now carry 2 x £30 Maplin specials unless I know it's a big venue when I'll take all three. So far they've been running for about 6 months with no snags. Also, by having two instead of one on the rig, I have more flexibility to put the smoke where I want it.