PDA

View Full Version : Glossary ??

mike8863
25-02-2007, 05:01 PM
As in my profile, I'm a returnee to the mobile disco world, and unfortunately age does not come alone, along with still having too much vinyl, (currently being sold on ebay in dribs and drabs), I have a problem with all these abbreviations you guys use with gay abandon. So perhaps for us not so young ones, who have only just realised bulgin lighting is dated, could we have a glossary type index to refer to. And I don't mean with lengthy explanations, I can waste a week chasing posts and threads to work this out, but something quick and informative?.

Cheers Mike
:) If dolphins will leap out of water for a fish, imagine what they'd for a bag of chips too!!! :)

theoloyla
25-02-2007, 05:04 PM
I'll second that!

Corabar Steve
25-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Not a bad idea Mike, certainly something that can be looked into I would've thought

Corabar Entertainment
25-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Just ask if in doubt..... for now, the ones most used:-

LOL - Laugh out loud
PMSL - ****** MySelf Laughing

Any others you want to know?

mike8863
25-02-2007, 05:29 PM
I know those sort of abbreviations, I mean technical ones!!!!!. And according to the rules you shouldn't be using such language even if you are replacing letters with asterix!!!!.
LOVL
fsh, ew, em, cl, gsoh, wtm, etc, etc!!!!!

:) Tower: "TWA 2341, for noise abatement turn right 45 Degrees."

TWA 2341: "Centre, we are at 35,000 feet. How much noise can we make up
here?"

Tower: "Sir, have you ever heard the noise a 747 makes when it hits a 727?"
:) :) :)

Corabar Entertainment
25-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Oopps! :Embarassed:

:sorry: - misunderstood!

Well, we'll need 2 things to do that:-

1. Volunteers to write the definitions
2. Suggestions as to what it should include

Over to the members....................... :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-02-2007, 06:27 PM
I know those sort of abbreviations, I mean technical ones!!!!!.

Such as?

Dragonfly
25-02-2007, 08:09 PM
As in my profile, I'm a returnee to the mobile disco world, and unfortunately age does not come alone, along with still having too much vinyl, (currently being sold on ebay in dribs and drabs), I have a problem with all these abbreviations you guys use with gay abandon. So perhaps for us not so young ones, who have only just realised bulgin lighting is dated, could we have a glossary type index to refer to. And I don't mean with lengthy explanations, I can waste a week chasing posts and threads to work this out, but something quick and informative?.

Cheers Mike
:) If dolphins will leap out of water for a fish, imagine what they'd for a bag of chips too!!! :)

its only steve and daz that use them with that :D :D :D

Paul James Promotions
25-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Do you mean things like DMX, RMS etc?

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Digital multiplex and route means squared.

Yay, a brownie point for me.

Corabar Entertainment
25-02-2007, 08:57 PM
OK - That's what the initials stand for..... now write the definition for each. :p

mike8863
25-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Amongst others, yes, so where is the definitive explanation!!!, short version please, cos thats where i got lost, some threads on this subject seem to lose the subject matter with people comparing something else, which again gets me confused, take pity on me, i'm no rocket scientist and new to the new :( world of mobile dj'ing.:)

beachy blue
15-02-2009, 11:29 PM
im new to this line of work is there now a glossery where you can put terms where people can put words into one place with an explanation to what they mean??

A1DL
15-02-2009, 11:51 PM
The Blue Room Wiki is very good (IMHO)

http://www.blue-room.org.uk/wiki/Abbreviations_and_Acronyms

beachy blue
16-02-2009, 12:02 AM
thanks but i was meaning something on the forum
i am a keen sea angler and use a fishing forum and this is what i mean

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7970

just an idea for us newies:zip: