PDA

View Full Version : What Screen To Use

wayne128
01-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi Everyone I Am Thinking Of Getting One Or Two Flat Screens For Over The Bar At My Local Pub For Karaoke So Everyone Can Sing Along At The Moment I Use A Portable Tv And Laptop I Also Link To Another Tv On The Wall Behind Me But Like I Said I'm Thinking Of Another One Or Two Screens Above The Bar
So Do I Get Tft Screen Or Lcd Screen Or Another Type And How Can I Link Them All (with Wire Or Wireless Sender) I Know It's A Bit Long Winded But Can You Help
THANKS WAYNE:d

Thames Valley Discos
01-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Either a couple of LCD monitors 19 inch or lcd tv, monitors. link either with a dual out video card or a splitter

colint
01-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Do they not have a big screen for footie and stuff? if so you could use that! i would steer clear of the plasma/lcd type screens because of screen burn

Thames Valley Discos
01-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Do they not have a big screen for footie and stuff? if so you could use that! i would steer clear of the plasma/lcd type screens because of screen burn

Screen burn, If left with a logo for several days with nothing moving on screen maybe, but not for Karaoke. Also LCD does not suffer this. Most Plasmas including mine now have pixel shift which avoids the old Burn in issues as seen on old Plasmas. I use a 46 inch plasma at home. It has sky logos on in the corner 14 + hours a day, and no burn in. Its an old issue that has now been rectified on all quality sets.
OH, and if you buy from John Lewis, you get a 5 year gurantee on plasma or lcd.:D

colint
01-04-2007, 07:53 PM
lol just had this vision of a load of DJ/Kjs rushing into John Lewis to buy the latest 50" plasma panel!!!! maybe not eh? was just a thought i used to install plasma's when they first come onto the market and this was a major problem then, screen burn that is!

Thames Valley Discos
01-04-2007, 08:00 PM
lol just had this vision of a load of DJ/Kjs rushing into John Lewis to buy the latest 50" plasma panel!!!! maybe not eh? was just a thought i used to install plasma's when they first come onto the market and this was a major problem then, screen burn that is!
i know, hence my remark on older plasmas it was a problem, but not on new plasmas. as for lcd, they dont suffer this .
my comment was in respect of your point "would steer clear of the plasma/lcd type screens because of screen burn" John lewis do other sizes, and my point was that with a 5 year gurantee, who cares. Not having a dig just stating my view.
As some people may be in the market for a plsma or lcd, John Lewis is worth a look, as not only do they offer 5 year gurantee, but price match any price elsewhere.

colint
01-04-2007, 08:13 PM
I know you wasn't having a dig but i still think due to how fragile these screen are they may be a little unsutable for mobile work I've got a 50" samsung sat nex to me at the moment that was hit bye a glass that has no picture cost £4700 when new but now useless yet sceen appears ok i.e not broken or cracked are lcd's more robust?

Thames Valley Discos
01-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Yes for mobile work id use an LCD, no different to a pc screen. I personally would not use a plasma because of the glass on them. LCD obviously dont have glass.
As for your telly,can you not claim on household insurance?

colint
01-04-2007, 08:21 PM
No I used to run a pub in Lewisham and it came from there I had a laptop connected to it and used it for events a addvertising really annoying cos I've ony got 28" sony tv in house and plasma's hd ready too! spare parts anyone?