PDA

View Full Version : acme super leo

soundmaster mobile disco
05-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Hi guys what are your thoughts on this light ive seen them advertised at £99 each is this a good buy.

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-04-2007, 06:54 PM
I think Corabar Steve uses them and he says they're good value.

I had the barrels at one stage and they were also very good and at £99, a bargain.

soundmaster mobile disco
05-04-2007, 07:00 PM
How many will i need to make the lightshow look good is 2 enough

Pierre Le Sound
05-04-2007, 07:07 PM
I use 6,

Leo...Scim...Leo................Leo...Scim...Leo. Amounst others,

I'm very pleased with them.

The CA-8 controller does seem more sensitive than the CA-6 and less time on open Gobo.

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-04-2007, 07:09 PM
How many will i need to make the lightshow look good is 2 enough

I personally think either 2 scanners and 2 barrels or 4 scanners would look good.

Corabar Steve
05-04-2007, 07:37 PM
We've got 4, they always go out as a set. Sometimes I invert 2, sometimes all run the same. (depending on mood or venue the flick of a dip switch sorts it) nice effect.

flatliners
05-04-2007, 07:48 PM
99 pound go for it and the leos are not bad for a semi intelligent effect i would get 4 though or 2 leos and 1 simitar or save up and get some dynamos from what people say good light output small and compact

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-04-2007, 08:03 PM
99 pound go for it and the leos are not bad for a semi intelligent effect i would get 4 though or 2 leos and 1 simitar or save up and get some dynamos from what people say good light output small and compact

Why are you caling them semi-intelligent out of interest?

flatliners
05-04-2007, 08:35 PM
well they dont have a seperate colour and gobo wheel semi because its slightly limited colour/gobo combinations just the way i class things like my i rocks 5s and 5b hid are intelligent and i class something like the goldenscans as mega intelligent rotating gobos frost filters effect prisim ect like the goldenscans i call them the carol vaurdaman or lighting

Corabar Steve
05-04-2007, 08:41 PM
i call them the carol vaurdaman or lighting

I'd call them lighting myself :d

Ricesnaps
05-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Its a rice lighting night tonight!

just sold a pair of leo's and a pair of Scimitars. For the price you just can't knock them!

Have a look on my web site if you want some in use pics!

DMX Will
05-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Why are you caling them semi-intelligent out of interest?

well they dont have a seperate colour and gobo wheel semi because its slightly limited colour/gobo combinations just the way i class things like my i rocks 5s and 5b hid are intelligent and i class something like the goldenscans as mega intelligent rotating gobos frost filters effect prisim ect like the goldenscans i call them the carol vaurdaman or lighting

What a .... interesting system! Not much help for the members when giving advice though. Any fixture of effect that has DMX control is consider inteligent because it does as it's told (by the means of plugin' an xlr up it's backside and feeding it some volts) :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-04-2007, 10:39 PM
What a .... interesting system! Not much help for the members when giving advice though. Any fixture of effect that has DMX control is consider inteligent because it does as it's told (by the means of plugin' an xlr up it's backside and feeding it some volts) :D

To be fair though, he did say it was just his system.

Atlantic_Sound_Disco
05-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Where have you seen them for 99pounds out of interest

Pierre Le Sound
06-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Where have you seen them for 99pounds out of interest

They're here, £199 a pair.

Free P+P as well.

http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/category.asp?catid=8

Shaun
06-04-2007, 01:15 PM
I use 4 of these too, alongside 4 of the scimiters. I like my Leo's so much that I kept hold of them and sold my Martin Roboscans.

Great value effect.

flatliners
06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
arrh yes djand discostuff.com aka phase one great shop to deal with and mike is a really canny guy got my stuff from there but you should look at the prolight hid range just so good

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-04-2007, 12:13 PM
arrh yes djand discostuff.com aka phase one great shop to deal with and mike is a really canny guy got my stuff from there but you should look at the prolight hid range just so good

And a lot bigger than the Leo's.

Shaun
07-04-2007, 12:22 PM
And a lot bigger than the Leo's.

The compact size of the Leo's is one of my favourite features. Seems to be a lot of HUGE lighting being released lately. Quite a lot of DJs have limited vehicle space so more compact units would be better, yet they seem to be made larger and larger these days. I think the more compact units look neater too.

MANUFACTURERS.....Smaller please !!!! :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-04-2007, 12:55 PM
The strange thing is, if you take the front off a lot of the Isolution stuff, there's a lot of space inside!