PDA

View Full Version : Strangest Thing You've Seen At A Wedding

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-04-2007, 06:50 PM
I was happily playing tunes at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and in walks a guest (male :( ) absolutely starkers!

He thought it was hilarious, unfortunately the bride didn't.

What's the strangest thing you've seen at a wedding?

Sapphire Disco
10-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Did you put on the Ray Stevens song ?

I guess my strangest thing was to announce the bride & brides first dance , actually I just said their first names but was tempted.

soundscapes
10-04-2007, 08:41 PM
i did a wedding at a venue on our marina, best man decided it would be funny to pull down bridesmaids dress and ended up swimming in the marina in his suit :D

PropellerHeadCase
10-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Would the mother of the bride dancing on a table to 'Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend' count?

spin mobile disco
10-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Seen groom and father of the bride duking out on the dancfloor does that count as strange?

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Seen groom and father of the bride duking out on the dancfloor does that count as strange?

Not sure what 'duking out' is, so I can't say! :confused:

flatliners
10-04-2007, 11:33 PM
strangest thing i have seen at a wedding was a dj

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-04-2007, 11:35 PM
strangest thing i have seen at a wedding was a dj

Yeah, how unusual.....:p :rolleyes:

flatliners
10-04-2007, 11:45 PM
and he wouldnt play penny arcade

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-04-2007, 11:46 PM
and he wouldnt play penny arcade

Was he from the south? ;)

Perhaps he'd never heard of it!:D

rob1963
11-04-2007, 12:07 AM
The strangest thing I've seen at a wedding (about 10 years ago) was the bride & groom...the bride was about 60 with white hair, and the groom couldn't have been more than 20.

I always say age differences aren't important, but this was taking the :Censored:

Did a young lad fall in love with someone 3 times his own age? or did he meet an old woman who was loaded & think "This is handy"?

I'm an old cynic, so I know what I think! ;)

It reminded me of when Debbie McGee was on the Mrs Merton show, and Mrs Merton asked "So, what first attracted you to the multi-millionaire Paul Daniels?"

BeerFunk
11-04-2007, 12:12 AM
It reminded me of when Debbie McGee was on the Mrs Merton show, and Mrs Merton asked "So, what first attracted you to the multi-millionaire Paul Daniels?"
I don't read the tabloids or celeb mags and suchlike, but aren't those two still together?

rob1963
11-04-2007, 12:13 AM
I don't read the tabloids or celeb mags and suchlike, but aren't those two still together?

Beerfunk...I believe they are! :eek:

DMX Will
11-04-2007, 12:52 AM
5 or so rockers, all in kilts who enjoyed the likes of Iron Maiden, and Motorhead (when played they had a mini mosh pit)

spin mobile disco
11-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Not sure what 'duking out' is, so I can't say! :confused:

Duking it out, means having fisticuffs, having a punch up, happy slapping each other etc.

Dragonfly
11-04-2007, 09:07 AM
the groom and father in law nose to nose on the dancefloor and the words

"I told my daughter you were bad news and that she should never have got involved with your family as they've ruined her day" being shouted loudly by the latter.

Tonsk
11-04-2007, 10:56 AM
I've a few.

1. The second requested bridal dance from the B&G where they walked off the dance floor, saying they didn't like the song..... Even though THEY asked for it...

2. Last Thursday, B&G doing the wedding cheaply decided to "raffle" off the table decorations (50p a strip) ... So with an 11.30 finish, at 11 I am presenting a raffle.................

3. Saturday just gone, Grooms dad organised a "Treasure Hunt"... So at 9pm, lights off, house lights on, music low as people are running around looking for clues..........

Vectis
11-04-2007, 11:30 AM
1. The second requested bridal dance from the B&G where they walked off the dance floor, saying they didn't like the song..... Even though THEY asked for it...

2. Last Thursday, B&G doing the wedding cheaply decided to "raffle" off the table decorations (50p a strip) ... So with an 11.30 finish, at 11 I am presenting a raffle.................

3. Saturday just gone, Grooms dad organised a "Treasure Hunt"... So at 9pm, lights off, house lights on, music low as people are running around looking for clues..........

What the....!!!!!

Ah... this explains it:

wensleydale
11-04-2007, 05:57 PM
father of the bride doing press ups on the dance floor with a tie round his head.
genius.

PropellerHeadCase
11-04-2007, 08:08 PM

Do you think they found a clue for the groom's dad? Seems he's without.

Corabar Steve
12-04-2007, 08:59 AM
The Bride decking both a bridesmaid & the Groom for being ejits (too long a story to go into, but I fully agreed with her motives (nowt to do with infadelity), if not her methods), then saying she was getting a divorce & proposing to me.

dannyboy
12-04-2007, 09:38 AM
POST DELETED

READ THE FORUM RULES ON SWEARING

Dragonfly
12-04-2007, 09:38 AM
then saying she was getting a divorce & proposing to me.

and she managed to deck the other two people ....being so obviously blind that must have taken some skill ;) :D :D :D :ner:

Corabar Steve
12-04-2007, 09:50 AM
and she managed to deck the other two people ....being so obviously blind that must have taken some skill ;) :D :D :D :ner:
May I remind you, I have the capacity to ban you from the forum :sj:

dannyboy
12-04-2007, 09:53 AM
POST DELETED

READ THE FORUM RULES ON SWEARING

I only quoted what was said, and made sure that words were ** to prevent people being offended of bad language.

Corabar Steve
12-04-2007, 09:56 AM
16. Please refrain from using profanities or bad language. Please remember this Site is accessible to all age groups without restriction, so be mindful that children may be reading. There is a censor built into the forum which filters out most bad language and profanities, but please do not try to get around this by adding different characters or spaces into the word, or by providing some of the letters and filling in the rest with your own asterisks. Instead, kindly do not use such language in the first place.

It has been stressed time & time again the putting the first & last letters & filling the gaps with asterisks is unacceptable. Statements have been made that offending posts will be removed, yours just happens to be the first.

The :Censored: smilie is there for a reason.

dannyboy
12-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Sorry I appologise.

Just read the rules which clearly states I was in the wrong: -

But without reading the rules I knew it was wrong to post bad words and I did adjust with ***** which I didn't know was wrong:

Sorry

Corabar Steve
12-04-2007, 10:06 AM
No worries, it's nothing personal. We do try very hard to keep this a family friendly forum.

Don't do it again, now go & sit in the corner for half an hour :d

dannyboy
12-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Don't do it again, now go & sit in the corner for half an hour :d

NO I WON'T (joke)

lol I am off to bed no after a bad nights night shift!!
Nighty night all

Corabar Steve
12-04-2007, 10:13 AM
All right then, GO TO YOUR ROOM! :d