PDA

View Full Version : Wedding with NO requests!!!

rob1963
02-05-2007, 12:15 AM
A few days ago I phoned a bride to confirm the final details for my wedding disco this Saturday.

I told her I haven't had the request list back, and she said "Oh - we don't have any. Just play a good mixture" :eek:

Then I asked her about the first dance, so I could check to make sure I have it & she said "Don't worry about that either...if we work out what we want, we'll just bring a cd with it on"

I can't remember the last time I had a wedding with NO requests.

What about you?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Yeah, plenty still.

I think if they're either not really into music or are convinced of your abilities, then they won't worry.

rob1963
02-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Darren...I'm sure it's the latter of the two! :rolleyes:

Dragonfly
02-05-2007, 07:04 AM
thats the best sort of gig that "youre the dj we trust your professionalism" dont worry and enjoy it.

PropellerHeadCase
02-05-2007, 07:05 AM
Unfortunately people making no requests also fall into two categories:
1) Aren't fussed, they've hired a DJ for that, or
B) Know darn well that the guests are impossible to please so don't want to have to be responsible for making any music choices.

Seriously, I've had several of the latter :(

CRAZY K
02-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Unfortunately people making no requests also fall into two categories:
1) Aren't fussed, they've hired a DJ for that, or
B) Know darn well that the guests are impossible to please so don't want to have to be responsible for making any music choices.

Seriously, I've had several of the latter :(

Yup, we have all had a few of that category B:eek:

I agree with Daz, they are relying on you to use your expertise:D

Having said that Im doing a Wedding Sunday with a long " to die for " request list and the following week the B and G requested about 6 tracks and let me get on with it--the downside was the Bridegrooms daughter ( yes ) wants Artic Monkeys and Good Charlotte---nightmare:eek:

I do recall Dragonfly telling me playing the Arctic Monkeys is the best way of clearing a few tables full of people out of a Wedding Reception and out the front door:(

CRAZY K

soundmaster mobile disco
02-05-2007, 09:26 PM
well i suppose no requests is better than a wedding with a bride and groom trying to tell you what songs to play and when to play them.

flatliners
02-05-2007, 09:42 PM
sounds like an open canvas to play anything they might be a great crowd that will dance to anything or you might have to really work for your money but sometimes i like not having any request lists sometimes my mate passes me a booking and i dont even know what type of do it is 18th 21st 30th 40th ect as i like the challange