PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know about 'Line' calling

DK Karaoke
29-06-2007, 04:24 PM
:attn:
Can anyone help me with 'Line calling' I have this gig I am doing for a charity, that I do a lot of work for, and they want to do some C&W with line calling. They dont expect me to do it, but they dont know where to find a line caller. The gig is in the Novatel in Leeds center. The line calling is to last about 1 hour.

The big difference about this line dancing is it will be done by people in 'Wheel Chairs'. Its never been done before, so we are hoping to attract a lot of press.

The charity is well deserving, its all about trying to ensure same treatment for handicapped people, especially in the workplace.

Any suggestions would be really welcome.

Cheers
M

theoloyla
29-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Dear DK
As a linedance teacher and dj I know about calling for linedancing. You dont say when the gig is but even so it is rather a long way from me. There are hundreds and hundreds of line dance callers all over the country. My suggestion is you go to www.linedancermagazine.com or buy a copy of their magazine from your local newsagent. The Country Western Dance Council also have a website which may be useful.
Finally best of luck with your charity event. I hope you raise lots of money but I am sorry to tell you that wheelchair line dancing is not new. It is carried out all over the world and many famous linedances have been adapted for wheelchairs.

DK Karaoke
29-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Just goes to show what I know about line dancing. I have never seen it done from a wheelchair before, but then I have never seen it done, in real life at all, except on tv.

Thanks for the advice, will have a look. The gig is quite near, the 21st July.
M

theoloyla
29-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Once again best of luck. I am booked on that night as you might expect (Saturdays in the summer!). If I can be of anyfurther help please get in touch.

DK Karaoke
29-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Once again best of luck. I am booked on that night as you might expect (Saturdays in the summer!). If I can be of anyfurther help please get in touch.

Thanks,
Do you know the website for the country and western dance council?

theoloyla
29-06-2007, 05:01 PM
www.cwdc.co.uk

colinm345
30-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Alan at CRAZY K ROADSHOW could be your man:)

Corabar Steve
30-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Alan at CRAZY K ROADSHOW could be your man:)

If Alan can't personally help, he knows plenty of other callers that might be able to.

DK Karaoke
30-06-2007, 04:51 PM
thanks all, still not sorted, but working on it. This line dance calling seems to be growing in popularity, or perhaps its just me not being aware of the potential.

Cheers
M

CRAZY K
30-06-2007, 06:18 PM
If Alan can't personally help, he knows plenty of other callers that might be able to.

I have made an offer but apparently its a Charity do so unfortunately the cost will be too much.

Yes we have access to reliable experienced Callers all over England.

If thats of any help to any one:D

CRAZY K

colinm345
01-07-2007, 01:21 AM
What a pity Alan that you cannot do it

CRAZY K
01-07-2007, 12:27 PM
What a pity Alan that you cannot do it

Cheers Colin, we could have covered it absolutely no problem, sadly there wasnt the budget available---thats another thread:D

Funny--its always the money that causes problems in life:eek:

Alan
CRAZY K