PDA

View Full Version : Pckj

Spirits High
02-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi all,

Am going to go to PCKJ on my laptop from normal karaoke player.

Anyone got any tips or had any problems with PCKJ?

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi all,

Am going to go to PCKJ on my laptop from normal karaoke player.

Anyone got any tips or had any problems with PCKJ?

Yeah, don't use the kamikaze button - it generally seems to crash computers...

Penfold42
02-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah, don't use the kamikaze button - it generally seems to crash computers...

Is that why it's called the kamikaze button.......:p crash and burn....

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-07-2007, 04:45 PM

It's 'supposed' to bring up a random song for the next person to sing, but all it's done for me is crash the PC.

I use Virtual DJ for karaoke now anyway.

jamesh
02-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Yep don't buy it... :P but you knew i was going to say that right?

Cut my arm off and you'll see i bleed VDJ.... :D:D:D

dj-jaym
02-07-2007, 06:17 PM
ots dj with kj plugin all the way !

colinm345
02-07-2007, 10:46 PM

Well its worked ok for me............................................most of the time that is:D

flatliners
03-07-2007, 12:19 AM
i agree vertual dj with karaoke wipes the floor with other programes

jamesh
03-07-2007, 01:29 AM
OTS is a great piece of kit and it's quality IS better that VDJ (video wise anyway but then it costs a hell of allot more and their video module is aimed more for the likes of TV Studios etc!) but i still stand by my beliefs that i really don't believe it was originally made for DJ's/discos/karaoke/video jocks... not mobile stuff anyway... It's more aimed at Radio / TV where you don't want or have to be as hands on and automation is king....

Have they actually got an external controller working with it yet??? or is it still purly keyboard and mouse based?

sleah
03-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Just going to wee on your parades for a moment.......
What's the legal situation regarding PCKJing?:confused:
As I understand it, there's currently no legal way of ripping CD-G's to PC yet. :( Are there services where you can legally buy digital tracks?:confused:

I'm just worried that you may have all just admitted to seriously breaking the law:eek: :eek: :eek:
The DDJ license does not cover karaoke:(

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-07-2007, 01:36 PM
As I understand it, there's currently no legal way of ripping CD-G's to PC yet. :( Are there services where you can legally buy digital tracks?:confused:

I'm just worried that you may have all just admitted to seriously breaking the law:eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't really think that is relevant until the PPL and MCPS sort the 'proper' licenses out.

You can't legally rip from CDs unless you have the MCPS licence which is the SG6 and even then you need permission from each record company to do this.

Unless you are using all legal downloads, then the PPL licence at the moment is not worth the paper it's printed on.

colinm345
03-07-2007, 02:28 PM

You can buy Legal MP3+G Downloads from Zoom Entertainments

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-07-2007, 02:55 PM
You can buy Legal MP3+G Downloads from Zoom Entertainments

And from PCDJ come to think of it.

colinm345
03-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks Daz I had completely forgotten about PCKJ karaoke downloads

You could also add Tricasoft & Cavs to the list

dj-jaym
05-07-2007, 09:32 AM
OTS is a great piece of kit and it's quality IS better that VDJ (video wise anyway but then it costs a hell of allot more and their video module is aimed more for the likes of TV Studios etc!) but i still stand by my beliefs that i really don't believe it was originally made for DJ's/discos/karaoke/video jocks... not mobile stuff anyway... It's more aimed at Radio / TV where you don't want or have to be as hands on and automation is king....

Have they actually got an external controller working with it yet??? or is it still purly keyboard and mouse based?

The quality far outways any other dj program and yes i have an external hercules controller at the minute running fine