PDA

View Full Version : Christmas is approching fast!

curlzuk
26-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Hi fokes,
Yes christmas is approaching fast, and its my first christmas doing karaoke.
I usally go out locally for about £120.00, is christmas the same or do you up it abit? if so how much for christmas week, christmas eve, boxing day ect.
Also what about new year?
Look forward to hearing your replies:o

Jays karaoke
26-09-2007, 07:56 PM
You can double what you charge for xmas eve & boxing day and at least tripple on new years eve matey. As a rule i charge £250 for xmas eve and boxing day night and £400 for new years eve, you just have to be confident enough to charge what you think you are worth buddy or just work for an amount that you are happy with but don't do yourself out of pocket.
Hope this helps

Jay

jamesh
26-09-2007, 11:38 PM
hi curlzuk,

Generally with christmas eve and New year you can charge more - everyone else seems to get paid more for working those nights so why shouldn't we... Plus you may find that on those 2 nights you end up playing a longer set than usual - so more work = more money.

Just out of interest can i ask why you charge £120 and what you include for that cost...

I see you're based in Tamworth too... Not sure if you've read the posts about NADJ midlands get together but there's one coming up towards the beginning of October - they are really useful and a good way to get to know other local dj's and does wonders for help and advice...

BeerFunk
26-09-2007, 11:50 PM
I often think it's the most bizarre thing seeing companies ask others what they should be charging :confused:

You know what your overheads and expenses are, so calculate how much you need to charge to make a profit that you're happy with. If your service is good, that profit will be made.

axeman
27-09-2007, 03:04 PM
You know what your overheads and expenses are, so calculate how much you need to charge to make a profit that you're happy with. If your service is good, that profit will be made.

there's more to it callum, his overheads and expenses maybe very little, if it's a local gig, but that doesnt mean he should next to nothing, it is handy to know what others are charging, £120 is cheap in certain areas, but it's average where i am, i think pricing has a lot to do with the area you operate in, as well the gig factors like stairs, times etc - as well as what you said, expenses/overheads on the night.

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-09-2007, 03:08 PM
i think pricing has a lot to do with the area you operate in, as well the gig factors like stairs, times etc - as well as what you said, expenses/overheads on the night.

I don't think it has to do with the area, I think it's to do with the market you are aiming at. There are guys round here that charge £120 too and we are in the South, where everything (allegedly) is more expensive.

I know guys in the NE and NW that are charging £300+ for their services.

Spirits High
27-09-2007, 10:18 PM
On a charging note I've got my feature in "Brides" mag coming up soon now and i'm considering whether to adjust my charging structure for anyone that comes via that "feature".Mainly due to the traveling as I'll be featured for "the North" but I'll wait and see

With a bit of luck it'll sort out next years wedding season

Here's hoping!

Corabar Entertainment
27-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Here's hoping!Yes - here's hoping that the potential customers haven't just read your last post about upping your prices! :eek: :eek:

BeerFunk
27-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Yes - here's hoping that the potential customers haven't just read your last post about upping your prices! :eek: :eek:
It's something I often think, but never say anything. It is highly likely that potential customers could be reading these forums, yet some of the things said on here are not likely to help certain members to get the bookings from these viewers! :rolleyes: