PDA

View Full Version : acme dynorock help

DaveyG1980
19-11-2007, 12:54 PM
i have now 4 dynamo's and 2 dynorocks. When it comes to dmxing the lights together im rubbish. I have the 4 dynamos set up but what would be the best way to add the 2 dynorocks link them with the dynamos or leave the dynamos to run as a 4 and the dynorocks run as a 2. And also would help if can link them all together what would be the best settings for them.

thankyou.

mysteriesman
19-11-2007, 02:27 PM
i have now 4 dynamo's and 2 dynorocks. When it comes to dmxing the lights together im rubbish. I have the 4 dynamos set up but what would be the best way to add the 2 dynorocks link them with the dynamos or leave the dynamos to run as a 4 and the dynorocks run as a 2. And also would help if can link them all together what would be the best settings for them.

thankyou.

i have a similar setup with 6 dynamos, 6 magic gobos and 1 dynarock, the problem seems to be that even though they are made by the same manufacturer, they dont seem to talk to each other properly, the only way i found that they would work properly is to have the dynarocks link as a stand alone pair but link all the others together, setting the dmx address on the dynamos as either 0 for one pair and 1 for the other pair, that way you get the contrasting colours with the similar movements, you could address the dynarocks at 16 but i find that they dont give thier full effect range.
or you would have to use a separate controller, like the sweetlight and program a show, but they would not be so sound active

DaveyG1980
19-11-2007, 02:48 PM
think what ill do is leave the dynamos how they are, and link the dynarocks run together, set the dynarocks as first one to (1) and second to (10). see how that goes when i got gig friday.

Shakermaker Promotions
19-11-2007, 04:58 PM
I have the same as you mate. 4 x Dynamos and 2 x Dynarocks. What I have done is linked the 4 x Dynamos togeather with Dynamo's 1 and 4 set to (1) and Dynamos 2 and 3 set to (10). I was advised to do that by someone on here and it works for me. It means that 1 and 4 (either end of the goalposts) do the same thing and 2 and 3 (in the middle) do the opposite.

Either side of the middle Dynamos are the Dynarocks and I have set them both to the same (1) so that they do the same thing. It looks pretty good!

spin mobile disco
19-11-2007, 06:38 PM
I use 4 dynamo's with 2 dynarocks with 4 led pars all from same controller. I find if you give each fitting 16 channels to itself you have a lot of options to play with. I have the dynarocks crossing each other in the middle of room and going opposite directions. The 4 dynamos point at the empty triangles between the crossover. And then work into a good pattern. Advantage of the dynarocks is they are very smooth compared to the dynamos on a dmx controller so easier to control.

DaveyG1980
20-11-2007, 08:57 AM
what settings are the dynamos and dynarocks set to. are you using the ca8 controller?

gaza
09-12-2009, 10:30 AM
I use 4 dynamo's with 2 dynarocks with 4 led pars all from same controller. I find if you give each fitting 16 channels to itself you have a lot of options to play with. I have the dynarocks crossing each other in the middle of room and going opposite directions. The 4 dynamos point at the empty triangles between the crossover. And then work into a good pattern. Advantage of the dynarocks is they are very smooth compared to the dynamos on a dmx controller so easier to control.

Can you set the dynarocks to a slow moving show using a dmx unit?.

spin mobile disco
09-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Yes you can however they do not have this option using a ca-8, a dmx console will be required.