PDA

View Full Version : maya44 usb and pcdj

wayne128
20-11-2007, 09:05 PM
forget the question it was so easy to set up
Wayne

Pazz
25-09-2009, 09:56 PM
I have just bought the maya 44 USB external soundcard and have not found it so easy to setup. Can you or anyone help? I am using PCDJ FX on my laptop (Windows Vista), external hard drive, mixer and amp setup. I ran through the installation setup from the CD ROM (which included the drivers for the soundcard). I have attached my audio lead from line 1 on the mixer to audio out 1+2 on the soundcard and the audio lead from line 2 on the mixer into 3+4 on the soundcard. I have chosen the correct soundcard from within the CFG in PCDJ and set player 1 to lines 1/2 and player 2 to lines 3/4.

The laptop is showing it is using the external soundcard (by checking the volume and sound settings on the laptop) but my problem is I can only get sound through line 1 on the mixer (ie Player 1 on PCDJ). When I try and play a track through player 2 (on line 2 of the mixer) the track does not play at all. I have a feeling the answer for this is simple but I just cannot work it out. Can anyone help or suggest anything I can do to get the sound coming through line 2 on the mixer using player 2 in PCDJ?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

JDB Entertainment
26-09-2009, 12:33 PM
I had the problem above Pazz, I ended up taking it back as I got told it was not compatible with PCDJ FX.

Pazz
28-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the reply I am now looking at sending it back and then paying the extra for a gigaport usb instead - am i likely to get any issues with this soundcard by using it with PCDJ FX? The only thing putting me off the gigaport was it's cost at a minimum of £120 where the maya44 usb was £85.

Does anyone know if I can get the gigaport for a similar price to the maya44 and why is there such a price difference? I only want the sooundcard as an interface for my backup laptop so do not want pay the earth!