Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: change of layout

It's nicely laid out, great colours and the content is very good, but I don't like the image on the right, it just makes it look like a template in my opinion. Is there any way the current image can be replaced by an image more suited to the type of work you do?.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    I don't like the image on the right, it just makes it look like a template in my opinion. Is there any way the current image can be replaced by an image more suited to the type of work you do?.
    Having just checked it out again there's 3 differing head banners but they are all business/office orientated, the one i've got I feel is most suitable of the three so will stick with it as I like the look of it now.

Will have to ask Santa for a bespoke website for Christmas, but not holding my breath as he didn't bring me the Impossibled that I asked for last year!
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Echo the comments made by others - the header image looks too "city business" and should be easily changeable with a half decent graphics package.

It looks like it's been done with a SiteBuilder thingy which are hopeless (in my opinion), but just save the image below, open it with a graphics package and edit it to suit, keeping the overall size, grid style and outermost colours but replace the actual image with a more relevant one. Then go into your hosting control panel, or FTP, and upload the new image at http://www.spiritshigh.org.uk/images/header.jpg overwriting the old one. You won't have to change any code at all on the actual site design.

Here's the image on it's own: -

On the online payments page, the "Buy Now" buttons don't seem to be right - the client is paying rather than buying, I'd choose a different Paypal button, maybe one of these: -

I'd add a border="0" to your IMG tags, that'll stop the horrid blue border appearing around them which doesn't look tight at all.

The "Contact Us" page seems to break out of the design entirely, the background goes to white and the footer is thrown out

Here's a temporary header till you get one sorted out. It's made from one of the images in your gallery. Hope it helps....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Guys,

As usual you've been a superb help.

Marc, yes it is site builder from 123 Reg

Shaun, thanks for that will now spend the rest of the day trying to put it on the site!

I really wish I had the knowledge to do these things!!
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Nice one Shaun

There's still a dodgy looking suit in the grey bit at the bottom (your cheap monitor might not see him ), any chance you can edit to take him out?

I'd do it but I'm guessing you've already compressed it and it would degrade further if I edited yours then saved again.

I'm helping Paul out via PM's regarding how to actually upload to his site.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Nice one Shaun

There's still a dodgy looking suit in the grey bit at the bottom (your cheap monitor might not see him ), any chance you can edit to take him out?
    I missed that, I think you may be right about my monitor. . Edited image below
    Attached Images Attached Images  

the pic looks to city and mekelin if you know what i mean like a law frim

Oops....looks like we jumped the gun a little.

I looked at 123-Reg and it seems you can either have their sitebuilder "instant site" thingy or a hosting package, but these are two separate things it seems.

To change the image you'd need FTP access and that's only available with the hosting packages.

On the "Instant Site" package, it doesn't seem possible to change the header image, which is a bit odd. I might be wrong, though. Maybe save Shaun's image and email it to 123-Reg support, asking them if the header image in the template on your site can be changed. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

Or you could possibly upgrade to a hosting package to get FTP access - although I'm not sure if you could keep the "instant site" you've already got if you did that - again 123-Reg are the guys to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Oops....looks like we jumped the gun a little.

I looked at 123-Reg and it seems you can either have their sitebuilder "instant site" thingy or a hosting package, but these are two separate things it seems.

To change the image you'd need FTP access and that's only available with the hosting packages.

On the "Instant Site" package, it doesn't seem possible to change the header image, which is a bit odd. I might be wrong, though. Maybe save Shaun's image and email it to 123-Reg support, asking them if the header image in the template on your site can be changed. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

Or you could possibly upgrade to a hosting package to get FTP access - although I'm not sure if you could keep the "instant site" you've already got if you did that - again 123-Reg are the guys to ask.

Marc & Shaun, thanks for the help

I've saved the image and will email it off to 123 Reg and see what they say.

At least I managed to get the contact form looking the same colour now!