Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 13yr old party

Quote Originally Posted by karl james View Post
    I think I am turning into my Dad
    It happens to the best of us!

and there's me thinking that I am really down with the kids and all that young at heart.
    Turns out I woke up one morning to find out I really am getting on. Should have seen the signs when I stopped laughing at South Park.

Quote Originally Posted by karl james View Post
    Pendulum albums (especially for 14+)
    the most popular MGMT songs
    Akons entire discopraphy!!!!!!
    Taio Cruz songs (although this one wouldnt have stood out to me as a great song)

Thanks for the info Jamie,
    do the kids actually dance to MGMT and Pendulum or do they sit around nodding their heads to the music.
    I think I am turning into my Dad, its just not having fun music to me. More like sitting in your bedroom doing facebook and Bebo with ur MP3 plugged in.
    If I am wrong then Hands up and I shall give them what they want.
    They usually dance to pendulum but not so much to mgmt. I personally like pendulum and think their music is some of the best drum and bass music in a long time. I dont get MGMT so much but thats just my opinion. If you get the top two MGMT songs on itunes then that should keep most people happy.

With Pendulum, the most requested songs are (in order of popularity)

Blood Sugar
    Propane Nightmares
    Tarantula
    Slam

Brill and many thanks for that.
    Teenage parties arnt my thing but I am not in a position to pick and choose my gigs.

Have to say why not try head shoulders knees and toes tune that out at the moment
    and another good track is soilder boy they all like that and they think there kool when the boys all get on the floor to do the dance also dont be surprised if you get pested to play it more than once lol

hope ya gig goes well just relax and be yaself they wont bite you

Wow, what a fantastic time I had at the party. Never done a teenage gig as you know but thanks to you Guys it went down a storm.
    Loads of requests managed to meet most of them. Only had to do two games, limbo pole (played Arrow- feeling hot hot hot) kids loved it. Then did a game called arches. Girls in two lines linking hands in an arch shape. When music stops the arch comes down and traps the boys running through. Then they have to kiss the boys trapped in the arch. Rigged the game on the party girl’s request, so she got to kiss the best looking boys. . Had to be honest with the client and told her I normally do the younger age but had being given good advice from the forum..
    Word got around that it was my 1st gig of the type. At the end a few parents came up to me and congratulated me on such a success and praised me for doing the research before hand.
    Handed out loads of cards on request with a few promises for gigs later on in the year. Most requested band was Soulja Boy. Did the pendulum track and the boys went mental, doing break dancing.
    A great gig and many thanks to all of you for the hints and tips.

glad it all went well,thanks for the feedback