Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuse checker?

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    A fuse is simply a short piece of wire.

I really wouldn't worry about checking them though.

I've never had a fuse blow in 25 years on the road.

In most cases, the fuses will last longer than the equipment they are in.

im wondering because i dont want to damage my speakers but i do know that EP2500 has a breaker thing so when power cuts out it dont blow speakers

Nathan,

I understand that you want to keep your expensive equipment safe.
    There are many things that you can do to help protect your equipment but would suggest that checking the fuses should be confined to making sure that you have some spare fuses should any of yours blow.

Fuses are, in actual fact, there to protect your equipment from an event such as an electrical surge or short, so that it doesn't send a high current through your equipment and damage it.

So, don't worry about checking your fuses, but if you want to add a bit of extra protection for your equipment, I would suggest that invest in 'surge protected' extension leads. You can buy them from B&Q or even Tesco, you can get two-way or four-way to suit how you set up your equipment.

That will, along with the fuses in your equipment's plugs etc. give more than adequate protection from dodgy electrical supplies etc.

If you are unsure, please come back here and ask. No question is too simple or basic and we will always help you where we can.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by kilmeedyman View Post
    Nathan,

I understand that you want to keep your expensive equipment safe.
    There are many things that you can do to help protect your equipment but would suggest that checking the fuses should be confined to making sure that you have some spare fuses should any of yours blow.

Fuses are, in actual fact, there to protect your equipment from an event such as an electrical surge or short, so that it doesn't send a high current through your equipment and damage it.

So, don't worry about checking your fuses, but if you want to add a bit of extra protection for your equipment, I would suggest that invest in 'surge protected' extension leads. You can buy them from B&Q or even Tesco, you can get two-way or four-way to suit how you set up your equipment.

That will, along with the fuses in your equipment's plugs etc. give more than adequate protection from dodgy electrical supplies etc.

If you are unsure, please come back here and ask. No question is too simple or basic and we will always help you where we can.

Phil

thanks for clearing that up. i was just worried about blowing my speakers. when i get one of them surge extensions my speakers should be ok then a surge etc..?

Quote Originally Posted by G&J Roadshow View Post
    thanks for clearing that up. i was just worried about blowing my speakers. when i get one of them surge extensions my speakers should be ok then a surge etc..?
    Are your speakers powered or do you have an amp and speakers?

The fuses in a plug are there to protect he flex from over heating. The fuse in the appliance is to protect the appliance.

Are your speakers powered or do you have an amp and speakers?
    I'm guessing separate amp and speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by G&J Roadshow View Post
    i would to have one because then i no weather to change the fuse in my amp or cd player before a gig. just to be on the safe side and not to waste any fuses for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    The fuses in a plug are there to protect he flex from over heating.
    Oops.. No, no, no, no

Nathan is asking for help. Can we stick to giving him that? Make sure you are right before posting or at least be constructive.

Jeez, what is it that means every post has to be critically analysed to death when the answer to the poster's question is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I'm guessing separate amp and speakers.
    Ok, so Nathan, you are extremely unlikely to blow your speakers as the result of any electrical irregularities. It would be your amp that would be most likely damaged adn we've covered how to protect that earlier.

Phil
    horrible, white domestic ones

Oops.. No, no, no, no

Nathan is asking for help. Can we stick to giving him that? Make sure you are right before posting or at least be constructive.

Jeez, what is it that means every post has to be critically analysed to death when the answer to the poster's question is important.
    WATCH IT!!

I had to learn that for my Standard grade Physics!!!!!