Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fuse checker?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrant Sounds View Post
    Hmmm, someone else giving advice that they know nothing about. The lad is correct, and much more likely to pass his exams if he listens to his tutor rather than listening to you.

I quote from page 47 of the IEE code of Practise for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment:

15.14 Plug Fuses

The fuse in the plug is not fitted to protect the appliance, although in practise it often does this. In most countries the plug is unfused. If the appliance needs a fuse to comply with it's standard it must be fitted in the appliance. The fuse in the plug protects the flex against faults and can allow the use of a reduced cross-sectional area flexible cable.

Hmmm, someone else giving advice that they know nothing about. The lad is correct, and much more likely to pass his exams if he listens to his tutor rather than listening to you.

I quote from page 47 of the IEE code of Practise for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment:

15.14 Plug Fuses

The fuse in the plug is not fitted to protect the appliance, although in practise it often does this. In most countries the plug is unfused. If the appliance needs a fuse to comply with it's standard it must be fitted in the appliance. The fuse in the plug protects the flex against faults and can allow the use of a reduced cross-sectional area flexible cable.
    Thank you for backing up my point!

The fuse in the plug protects the flex
    But, only if the flex is rated at equal to or above the rating of the ruse

A plug with a 13a fuse won't do much to save a cable rated at 5a.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaysdisco View Post
    Normally RCD’s are used for lawnmowers and hedge cutters, personally I never had the need for a lawnmower at a gig!

Then you're clearly not at the cutting edge of the disco business !!
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall